🖤| Chapter 1: First Impressions

Kaylee Henderson in the mm

-pineapplezz and thatgirljailynn

"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and pleased the lord but you don't really care for music do you?" Kaylee sung. This wasn't the song she was not supposed to sing and she was sure her father would noticed.

Ms. Alsina and her son walked in late to church and quietly took their seat. Anthony made no effort to keep his eyes off his phone.

"It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah." She sang pain evident behind each word. She would never sing something the way she is but she couldn't take it anymore. She needed this outlet even if she had to face the consequences later.

Anthony's head lifted at the sound of her voice. Taking Kaylee in, watching her intently as she sang. He saw through her facade, he sensed the hurt she was hiding. He took in her presence, she dressed like an innocent church girl.

He was sure that he had seen her plenty of times but never take the time acknowledge her. "Ma." He whispered leaning over to her. His mother glared at him angrily because he was the reason why she was late to church. "Who dat?" He nodded his head to Kaylee.

"That's Kaylee Henderson. The preacher's daughter." She turned her attention back to Kaylee.

"Yes baby!" Someone in the crowd shouted. He continued to watch her as she came to the end.

Kaylee finally opened her eyes, coming down from her "high" staring in her father's eyes that held anger as hers held fear and determination. She gave the mic to her father who hugged her making sure to pinch her side, warning her what was to come.

She sat next to her best friend, who was proud of her. Jailyn had been her friend since birth. She had been through everything with her— school dances, every birthday, every rise and fall etc.

"Good job Kay." She whispered as she sat down smiling at her. "Thanks." She said dryly, swallowing fear of what will happen in the near future.

"Oh...girl." Jailyn whispered-yelled to Kaylee. Kaylee turned her head and stared at her friend with inquisitive eyes. "Anthony Alsina is here. In ya daddy's church. And he is dead staring at you."

"Are you serious Jai?" Who is that? And why should I care?" Kaylee deadpanned, looking back to her father. "Just look how fine that man is. But he has something to do with some drug stuff."

"Ew....why are you lookin at me like that?"

"Because he is dead staring at you. Lickin his lips and all."

Kaylee knew what it meant when somebody took interest in her. She had to immediately turn them down because Jailyn would hype her up and her dad would immediately put her down.

"No don't start." She whispered then payed close attention to her father. "Ah. I can't wait til you leave ya daddy's home. He makin you scared to love." She didn't answer her, just continued to watch her dad.

"I just wished you and Aria would stay with me til you get on ya feet." This was the beginning of each argument between the two.

Kaylee took care of her three year old half-sister, Aria. She was trying take care of her because her father had an image to keep up and couldn't have a child out of wedlock. So he kept Aria hidden and Kaylee took the responsibility of acting as a mother and father figure for her.

"May God bless you." Her father dismissed the church. Walking up to the alter, she tap her father, "Daddy, I'll meet you at home."