Cappuccinos and Chocolate Cookies

"Small cappuccino to go when you're ready Hebe," I called down to her. Hebe gave a brief nod and got back to work. "Is that everything sir?" I returned to the customer I was dealing with. He nodded his head and put his finger to his lips to silence me. He was talking into a very expensive looking phone; he handed the money over and walked down the line to collect his beverage.

I sighed. Sometimes I hated working here, people could be so rude. Still at least we're never here all day. Hebe and I are both 16 and so we're still in school. It's good to have a part time job but it's easy to get tired quickly. Together Hebe and I dealt with the remaining customers and I hopped out from behind the counter to flip the open sign in the door, to closed. Once the shop was empty I slumped into a chair. It was hard work being on your feet all afternoon, there often isn't time to take a break.

"Busy today girls, well done." Kathy came bustling in with bags of shopping. Kathy was the manager here and was a fantastic boss. Firm but always fair.

We talked whilst we washed up and got ready to leave. It was twenty minutes after closing that a gentle tap on the door sounded. I looked up, Hebe had left the room and was taking care of some drying but Kathy was still there. I turned to the glass door and saw a tall, thin and extremely blonde teenage boy staring in.

"Let him in Lucy," Kathy nodded and returned to spraying tables.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. The boy looked awkward but adorable. You would have to be blind to call him unattractive. His blonde hair was styled into a quiff and his bright blue eyes danced with mischief. Once the door was open he grinned at me, sending colour to my cheeks.

"Hey," I managed to say with some dignity, "We actually closed twenty minutes ago."

"I figured... Don't suppose you could whip me up a couple of coffees could you?" he grinned the same cheeky grin which made his blue eyes twinkle.

"You're lucky we haven't cleaned the machine yet, how many is a couple?" I couldn't help smiling back at him.

"Eight?" he replied hopefully. I looked across at Kathy and she nodded giving me permission to continue, she then left the room.

"Sure," I said and got to it. I left him to count out his money and it was silent for a bit except for the music blaring from the kitchen, where Hebe was most likely to be bopping around dancing. Suddenly, as if she had read my mind, she emerged from the kitchen beaming.

"Lucy! You'll never guess-" she began excitedly but stopped abruptly when she realised we were not alone. "Oh, err, hi" she addressed the blonde boy shyly. Like me, she had momentarily lost her ability to speak.

"Hi," he replied, the corners of his mouth turning up.

"You need a hand?" she asked quickly and I agreed to save her from any awkwardness. She immediately started rummaging for take-away cups. I looked round at him briefly and caught him watching her with a vague expression, but then, realising I was looking at him; he diverted his gaze to his wallet once more.

"Here we go," I said finally handing over the coffees. We settled up and he walked towards the door but before he reached it he turned around and grinned in Hebe's direction. "By the way, my name's Tristan." With that he opened the door which slammed behind him. Once he was gone I turned back around to Hebe to find her on tiptoes, trying to glimpse the direction in which he was going. She lost her balance and grabbed a hold of the counter for support. I stood there smirking as she stood blushing.

A/N Thank you for reading! This is my first attempt at writing fanfic so let me know if you enjoyed the first chapter! X