Pilot 1-2

Downtown Jericho

Me, Dean and Sam walk past a movie theater. The Marquee reads:

EMERGENCY TOWN HALL MEETING
SUNDAY 8PM
BE SAFE OUT THERE

A teenaged girl is tacking up posters showing Troy's face.

I'll bet you that's her. "I said to them.

Yeah. "Sam responded.

You must be Amy. "Dean said.

We walked up to her.

Yeah. "She responded confused.

Yeah, Troy told us about you.
They're his uncles and I'm his cousin.
I'm Emely, this is Dean and Sam. "I said to her.

He never mentioned you to me. "She said.

Well, that's Troy, I guess. We're not around much, we're up in Modesto. "Dean said.

So, we're looking for him too, and we're kinda asking around. "Sam told her.

A goth girl comes up, and puts a hand gently on Amy's arm.

Hey, are you okay? "The girl asked.

Yeah. "Amy answered.

Mind if we ask you a couple questions? "Sam asked politely.

Oh god Sam you are to much sometimes.

Diner

We're sitting in a booth, on the opposite side of Amy and the other girl.

I was on the phone with Troy. He was driving home. He said he would call me right back, and, uh, he never did. "Amy said sadly.

He didn't say anything strange, or out of the ordinary? "Sam questioned.

No. Nothing I can remember. "She responded.

I was looking at Amy's pentagram.

I like your necklace. "I said.

Which caught the boy's attention.

Troy gave it to me. Mostly to scare my parents. With all that devil stuff. "She said to me.

Actually, it means just the opposite. A pentagram is protection against evil. Really powerful. I mean, if you believe in that kind of thing. "I said to her.

Okay. Thank you, Unsolved Mysteries. Here's the deal, ladies. The way Troy disappeared, something's not right. So if you've heard anything. "Dean said.

He's so rude sometimes.

The girls share a look.

What is it? "I asked suspicious.

Well, it's just... I mean, with all these guys going missing, people talk. "Amy responded.

What do they talk about? "Sam and Dean ask in unison.

I tried not to laugh.

It's kind of this local legend. This one girl? She got murdered out on Centennial, like decades ago. Well, supposedly she's still out there. She hitchhikes, and whoever picks her up? Well, they disappear forever. "She said.

Oh god another ghost.

These don't end well.

Library

Sitting at a computer, Dean types in a search screen "Female Murder Hitchhiking". He finds no results. He tries "Female Murder Centennial Highway" - the same.

Let me try. "Sam said.

I got it. "Dean said frustrated.

I rolled my eyes.