Chapter 3

SEOL's POV

I waited for the bus at 6:30 in the morning. We will have a very important presentation today for big client, the Dream Company, a subsidiary of Taerang Group.

I prepared for this presentation with the thought that, somehow, I have a higher chance of seeing Jung Sunbae or at least hearing about him if I clinch this account. Though I spent the entire two weeks of research and preparation and the presentation going through a couple of revisions and approvals, I still feel that I am not ready enough. But I should be confident. I can't blow this up. That's why I am early today. Maybe if I settle myself early at the venue, I would be more confident and ready.

I noticed the traffic starting to pile up. Then a car with a very familiar driver slowly passed by. Sunbae? Before I can even speak up, the car sped up, not even noticing me. My heart beat wildly. Was it really him? Or am I just imagining things now? Is it because I'm seeing Myung Soo that I'm being haunted by memories of Jung?

The bus came just as I was about to have wild thoughts.

It has been two weeks since the first time Myung Soo and I dated. And we've been seeing each other quite much since then. He has been honest that he wants to date me. Though I explicitly declined as I am yet to move on from Sunbae, he is very persistent and told me that he can wait. In fact, he will be fetching me from the venue later to "celebrate the successful presentation", his words.

I arrived at the venue an hour ahead of presentation schedule so I went to the cafeteria first to get coffee before I proceeded to the holding area. There I tried my best to compose myself and forget the events earlier. My teammates started to come one by one and each gave me a tap on the shoulders. Even Myung Soo sent me a good luck message.

"Dream management team is ready now. You may proceed to the meeting room next to this.", an attendant announced.

Everyone started to stand up, a few nods at me and says "Fighting!".

I gathered up what I will be needing in the presentation and stood up to move to the said room. By the time I was out of the waiting room, everyone else were already inside the room. The attendant motioned me to use the front door. I breathe in and out heavily to calm my nerves then gathered up all my strength to open the door.

"Good morning, everyone." I said as I entered the room and scan each person seated at the long table. Then my eyes stopped at one particular person seated at the far end. I blinked my eyes twice just to make sure I am not hallucinating again. But he was still there looking as handsome as he ever was, if not more. Sunbae? I wanted to run to him and hug him and ask him all the questions I have since three years ago. I want to slap him too for leaving me and not saying a word to me all those years. I feel so happy and so hurt all at once and I can't almost wait to tell him how I am feeling. But as if the time stopped, I stayed rooted and unable to move a muscle. What makes it more frustrating is that I can't read what's in his mind. Apart from his creased forehead, there is no emotion evident in his face. Is he as shocked as I am? Is he happy or not at all? Is he hurting as much as I am? Sunbae, why are you doing this to me?

"Are you ready, Seol?" One of my bosses pulled me from the trance I was in. And he was still there.

My heart beat like crazy, but I can't let this feeling ruin me and my team. I shook off the thought and forced a smile.

"Yes, of course." I started the presentation forgetting the presence of one person in the room, not even sparing him a glance. The presentation was long, and there were so many questions from Dream's management team, but everything went great. By the time the meeting was wrapped up, all had wide smiles in their faces and the boss gave a nod to our proposal signaling that the deal is on.