Paint (Kenma X Reader) [Part 1]

Kenma and I have been always two different human beings. We barely had anything in common but whenever we did have something in common we can make that thing very, very special. Kenma was lucky. He had parents, the money, a suitable house, he had everything. I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite.

I, on the other hand, only had my mother my father had passed away a couple of years ago. I have a big brother and a younger brother which makes me the middle child in the family. We're not poor but with 4 people living in one house and my mother being the only adult there makes it hard for her to support her family.

Still, she is one hell of a mother.

One day me and Kenma where walking down the block when we had found a poster that has said 'Paint Off'.

"Look it's a drawing competition." Kenma said.

"And the award is $10,000." I exclaimed. "Maybe we should join?" I asked.

"You know I'm not great with people. Everyone will be looking at me." Kenma complained.

"Look, I don't like it when people look at me too, but this a once and a lifetime opportunity. Please, Kenma." I said with puppy eyes.

"F-fine." Kenma said turning his head to the side in hope I would not be able to see his blush.

"Yay." I said jumping in excitement.

"Just one condition. If I win I give you half of the money and if you win you take all the money." He said.

"Why is that. Why can't I give you half two." I said.

"You need it more. Please, you know how hard it is in your family so why not just accept this offer." He said.

"O-okay." I said taking his offer.

Time Skip

We had signed up for the competition next. We spent the whole week coming over to each other's house practicing our skills until it was finally the day of the competition.

"Hey, are you excited?" I asked Kenma.

We decided to go to Dunkin Donuts before heading to the competition which started at 8 am.

"Yeah, I'm somewhat excited." He said looking down.

"You must be feeling pretty confident if you think you can win." I said.

"I don't think so. I know so." She said picking up one of the donuts.

"AHHH. I'm getting fired up. Come let's go before we are late for the Paint Off." I said finishing my donut and grabbing his hand quickly running out of DD.

Time Skip

We had arrived at the Paint Off. Kenma and I thought that there weren't going to be a lot of people. But we thought wrong.

"I wanna go home." Kenma said trying to back out.

"You not going anywhere. We spent all week trying to get ready for this. So there is no way your leaving got it." I said.

"Fine, fine." He said walking to where the competitors are.

We sat in front of two canvases that were sitting back to back.

"There's a couple minutes left until it starts. Might as well waist some time." Kenma said pulling out his PSP.

I sat there thinking up of what I could make with the colors that were given to me. Then the perfect picture came to mind.

"What's the 2nd place and 3rd place prizes?" I asked Kenma.

"2nd place wins $5,000 3rd place wins $1,000." Kenma explained.

"Hello, everyone. I am Johnny Smith, the host for the grand Paint Off. Now if you may all take a seat in front of a canvas." The host had said to everyone in the room as Kenma put away his PSP.

Everyone had immediately taken to see after the man said to. It seems like they're not the only one nervous in this place.

"Okay, I will explain the rules of the Paint Off. Number one, you may not look at anyone else's painting and try to copy it. Number 2, there is no spreading or sharing ideas with anyone. And number three you can most definitely not try to sabotage any other competitors art piece. The judges will walk around looking at your painting, you will have a whole hour to express your ideas on the canvas in front of you. SHALL THE PAINT OFF BEGIN!" Mr. Smith had said as everyone picked up their painting utensils.

•~•~•~•

I know that this is not at but as I said this is a mini. There will be more in the next chapter.

This chapter is here to entertain you until the next chapter of 'Fun And Games' comes out.

Until the next chapter, I appreciate your existence.

Thanks, ❤️❤️