It's Not Too Late

I turned off my phone and ran inside, opening the front door as fast as I could. "Mom! Could you please drive me to Owen's place?" I asked, almost out of breath. "Sure! I'll grab the keys, you get in the car," My mom cheered. I smiled at her and rushed to the garage door. *BANG BANG BANG* went my shoes as they stomped down the stairs in the garage. Gasping, I managed to open the car door and get in. My mom came and started the car shortly after. I was going to save Danielle!

*Time skip*

My mom's car pulled up at Owen's house. "There you go, be back by 5 for dinner!" Called my mom as I was running to Owen's front door. I waved goodbye and as soon as my mom left, I knocked on the door. Danielle was the one to answer. "What are you doing here?" She asked. I smiled. "I am here to... um.. hang out! Please let me in!" I pleaded. She was hesitant but finally agreed to let me come hang with them for a few.

I scuffed my shoes on the mat and took them off. My heart was pounding as I walked into Owen's house. Owen was there, watching romantic soap operas with Danielle. "Hey Owen, I'm sorry to come over at such... well no notice at all!" I apologized. Owen rolled his eyes and ignored me. Then his face lit up. "Hey Danielle, want to come into the kitchen to get a snack?" Owen asked my sister. Dani nodded and held Owen's hand to go to the kitchen. I followed them.

When Danielle wasn't looking, I saw Owen grab a knife from the counter and put it in his back pocket. My eyes widened and a million thoughts ran through my head. Is he gonna kill my sister? Why didn't Danielle listen to me? Why would he do this? I stood there, frozen like an ice cube, staring at the knife. "Dani, choose a snack from the cupboard! Anything you want," Owen said, his voice shaky. I knew what he was going to do. Danielle nodded and turned around, rummaging through the cupboard. Owen grabbed the knife from his pocket and inched forward. I lunged in front of him just in time to save my sister. The knife cut through my throat, and I instantly fell to the floor, in a puddle of my own blood.

Danielle looked at Owen, and Owen looked at her. She grabbed the knife and stabbed Owen. Sweet revenge.