Chapter 4: Best Friends Are The Best...

Blair’s pov.

It has been two weeks since the funeral of Sophie’s grandfather. I went to support her and her family but Dylan stayed home. Now Sophie isn’t talking to Dylan at all, she has been avoiding him ever since the lake house. He had tried to talk to her and explain but she just doesn’t let him talk and since classes are over he don’t see her often. Not even when he goes to her house, she just pretends like no one is there. Actually, he’s there right now.

Sophie’s pov.

“Sophie come on, love. Please let’s talk. Let me explain what happen. I know you are at the other side of the door. Please.” Dylan said through the door with sadness in his tone. I just can’t forgive him. I can’t believe he just locked himself in the room and didn’t even go to the funeral.

He was right, I was at the other side of the door with my face and hands touching it and I’m sure he is in the same posture. I just can’t open the door. A side of me wants to know what happen but the other side was just hurt and didn’t have the strength to let him talk. I loved him. What am I saying I love him! I just can’t believe he did that. He knew how much my grandfather meant to me and he wasn’t there when I needed him the most.

“I can’t. Please just go. Don’t call me, don’t text me and please don’t come back. At least not for now” I said through the door loud enough for him to hear me, but with tears all over my cheeks.

“I love you Sophie, I will always. I am truly sorry. I really want you to hear me out and let me explain, but okay, we’ll talk later.” He said and waited a second. I didn’t say anything. He sight and I heard his footsteps go farer until I could not hear them.

“I love you too Dylan.” I said and ran to my room and cry my eyes out all night. I feel like a big part of my heart has been removed. I can’t believe I just broke up with him. After 4 years. I need him, I want him. But what if he’s never there when I need him the most? I don’t know. I love him and I know I just did the worst thing ever.

“Oh shit I forgot next week!”

Dylan’s pov.

“I can’t believe I just walk away. I was supposed to stay, talked to her even if it was at the other side of the door. Make her listen to me.” I said frustrated walking from side to side in the living room, with my hands in my head. I’m so mad at myself; I should have talked to her. Explain everything no matter if she wanted or not.

“Did you guys broke up?” Blair asked out of the blue, sadness all over her voice and face.

“Yes Blair. We did.” She gasped and walk to me. “But you guys can’t live without each other.” She said while hugging me.

“Yeah mate and what about next week?”  Ashton said looking at me. Blair separated from me and looked at me, both waiting an answer.

“I don’t know and I just don’t want to talk about it.” I said and walk up to my room. I won’t go. Why would I go if Sophie and I aren’t together?

Blair’s pov.

I was shocked with what I just heard. They broke up. After 4 years, that can’t be it.

“Meester talk to him.” I said walking to the sofa where Ashton was looking at the hall.

“About what?” he said looking up at me.

“I don’t know. Cars? Guys stuff.” I said leaning on the other side of the sofa. He just crossed his arms in his chest.

“You thing guys only talk about cars?” he said with a mocking face.

“Girls?”

“Nope wrong again.” He said standing up and walking to me.

“I can’t care less. Just go talk to him. I’m going out, maybe not coming until tomorrow; tell him I’ll be fine.” I said getting my keys and walking to the door when he pulled me by my wrist. “Why you always do that?” I said annoyed.

“Where are you going?” he said stopping in front of the door.

“You don’t care. Now move and go to Dylan. You have really helped him before, ask him what happened. Let him tell you and please be serious, not yourself. This is affecting him and we have to be around him, so is convenient if he is relax and not mad.” I said moving him out of the door.

“I do care Blair. And I’m very serious ok.” He screamed at me from the door. Yeah like he really care, he didn’t cared before, why now?

I was going to Sophie’s house. I wanted to talk to her, know how she was and maybe make her want to talk to Dylan.

-----

“Dylan I told you to not come back. Please just give up and go.” She said through the door when I rang the bell.

“It’s me Soph. he’s at home.” I said and she opened the door. She had dark bags under her eyes and really red face. Her eyes were puffy red and her nose too.

“Let’s go to my room. I don’t want mom seeing me like this. She’s going to grandma’s house.” She said sniffing and turning around. “Bye mom. See you tomorrow.” She said to her mom from the stairs.

 “Hi Lydia” I said passing the kitchen to the stairs.

“Bye sweetie. Hi Blair, I haven’t seen you in ages, you look beautiful. Have fun and be careful. Are you staying the night?” she said walking all over the place grabbing everything she needed.

“Thank you Lydie. I think so, if that alright?” I said shocked at her state.

“Yes. That would be great for Sophie. Thank you. Now have fun and be careful. Love you girls.” She said walking to the door.

“Love you too.” We said in unison and walk to Sophie’s room.

 ~~~~~~

“So, what are you really doing here? If you are here to talk about Dylan is better that you save your saliva for Ashton because I don’t want to talk about it. Really.” She said jumping in her bed. I follow her and turn on the TV.

“I just wanted to know how you were. You are my best friend, remember? And my saliva is too good to waste on him so yeah.” I said and she laughed which is good.

“But really how are you? Why you broke up with him? Why don’t you let him talk and explain and what’s going to happen next week? You have to go, you don’t have a choice.” I said and she had a mad face.

“Am I in an interview or something?” She said looking around and I laughed at her and widen my eyes for her to answer. She sight.

“Well I feel like some truck passed over me. I don’t know why I said that, I’m just scared and sad and hurt and I can’t hear him now. Maybe in a couple of week when I’m emotionally stronger and about next week I don’t have any idea… well… maybe I do have one.” She said looking at me with sparkling eyes.

“Oh no! I can’t go. It’s your congress not mine. And I hate congresses, they are boring!” I said shaking my head and my hand in front of her.

“Pleeeease! You know your brother won’t go and I really can’t miss it. You just have to sign as me and go. You don’t have to take notes or participate. Just go and have fun in the hotel and the pool. It sure sounds fun.” She said with hope in her eyes.

“Aghh I hate you!” I said annoyed and she pouts. “Okay, I’ll go.” I said giving up. She smiled and started jumping in the bed.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best. Let’s watch gossip girl and eat ice cream!” she said jumping out of the bed walking to look for the DVDs and I went to the kitchen for the ice cream.

Dylan’s pov.

“Aghh, I hate you but okay, I’ll go.” Ashton said after hours of begging him.

“Thank you! You’re the best!” I said to Ashton giving him a bro hug.

“Yeah yeah, let’s watch the game.” He said turning the TV on.

“Just don’t say anything okay, to anyone, not even Blair.” I said and he nodded.