chapter 1

“My life slowly falling apart,” I cried into his shoulder.

 “Alaina you’ll be fine,” he whispered into my hair.

“I’ll be fine as long as I’m with you,” I smiled and kissed his cheek.

My dad had died six months ago and my mom has been depressed and stays in bed all day while I take care of my siblings with the help of my boyfriend, Josh, we have been together for three years. I’m 17, a senior in high school. Josh is 21 and is waiting for me to get out of high school so we can actually be together. The only reason were together is because my wonderful best friend, Christine, she told me that age is just a number and to not worry about what anyone else thinks as long as you’re happy. That’s the only reason me and Josh are together. I love Christine she’s like my older sister I wouldn’t trade her for the world. The story of how Josh and I met is… when I was 13 I started cutting really bad and my parents found out so, they took me to a mental hospital where I met Josh who was there because of his anger issues. After that we started talking more and got to know each other and then I moved in march and we went to the same high school when I was a freshman and he was a senior. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone.