two

"Jiwoo." My best friend Doyeon whispered as we were in class. Our teacher Mr. Chung was busy grading papers so most of our classmates were busy talking to each other.

"Yeah." I whispered looking away from the window. I sit in the very back of my class next to the windows. I love this seat so much, away from other people, and my eyes mostly stay outside.

"Tonight I'm going to a party at Mingyu's house. You wanna come?" She asked pulling her desk towards mine. The loud noise of the desk made Mr. Chung look up at us.

"You can talk to each other but move your desk back Doyeon." Mr. Chung said fixing his glasses. Doyeon moved her desk back watching Mr. Chung. Once he went back to grading his papers Doyeon flipped him off making me laugh a little.

"No, and neither should you. Are you forgetting there is a murder on the lose! That's like every dumb cliché in horror movies. The stupid teenagers have a party and the killer gets them." I snapped.

"It's been five weeks since the last killing. Even the police say he might have stopped. Plus Mingyu lives in the safest neighborhood in this whole city. I mean come on a freaking actress lives in his neighborhood. Oh!" Doyeon jumped out of her chair siting beside me. Whatever she was going to tell me next must have been good since she was already giving me that look. "And I hear even the police will be nearby. Please come with me! It'll be so boring without you!"

"Yeah, because we all know once I enter a party shit goes down." I mocked putting my things away. Just in time the bell rang telling us it was time to go home.

"So that's a yes!" Doyeon hinted smiling from ear to ear. She grabbed her bag walking right behind me as we walked into the crowded school hallways.

"Fine. I guess. It's Friday and I have nothing better to do. My sister is gone for the weekend so I don't think I want to be alone anyways." I answered. Doyeon jumped up and down until a guard step in front of us.

"I guess I'll see you tonight Doyeon." I recognized the guard as Namjoon who was smirking at Doyeon. Doyeon has always had a thing for older guys, especially men in suits. Any suits, teachers, officers, or business men. I don't think I've ever seen her with a guy her own age. Me, well I don't really think about dating. I mean only one time did I ever wish I had a boyfriend. Doyeon and this guy Seth who was a college teacher at the time were dating. And with my sister just getting married I was left all alone...and for once I wished I had someone.

"I'll see you tonight." Doyeon said in a flirty tone. I watched as my best friend started acting sexy towards Namjoon. I just left them behind as I walked out the school towards the gates. A bunch of girls were leaving the school as I watched a few cars come and pick up the students.

"Mom!"

"Mom!"

"Jiwoo!"

I shook my head looking behind me to see a worried Doyeon. I told her I just had another flashback of my mom. She gave me a hug before we walked home. Me and Doyeon don't live that far from each other so it's nice to walk home together. Both me and Doyeon have been friends since middle school and have always walked home together. Never, not one day have we not walked home together. Even when Doyeon's boyfriends would come pick her up she would always turn them down. She always wanted us to know we were safe.

I have a past...a past I don't want to remember. And after that Doyeon was the one who helped me. She was there for me. Yet she still doesn't know the real reason why my mom was murder. My sister at the time was in Canada studding when it happen. I told her to stay, but I knew she wouldn't. She dropped out of school rushing back home...to an almost empty house. After then she moved in with me. It's been eleven years since then and only last year did she get married. I told her it was fine if she wanted to move out. I'm about to turn eighteen anyways. Plus she's having a baby boy soon and she needs to be there with her husband. I don't want to break another family apart.

"Go get ready. I'll come and pick you up around eight, okay." Doyeon giggled walking through her gate. As she closed her front door I headed home. My house only being five doors down from hers. Once I got inside I turned the tv on to hear cartoons. I walked up stairs to my room siting my bag down. I pulled my hair out of my ponytail and changed out of my school uniform.

I could still hear the tv on downstairs as I closed the bathroom door. I took a quick shower trying to freshen myself up. After showering I blow dried my hair and put it in lose curls. My long hair took a few mintues to curl but I knew it was worth it. My hair is something I haven't cut since my sixteenth birthday. My mom use to love my hair long so whenever I use to cut it...I would cry my eyes out. It was like I was losing a piece of her.

And I've already lost her once.