Chapter 9

Author's Note:

Hi guys! It's been a while since my last upload and I really am sorry for that. My laptop refused to connect to the internet so I couldn't post this chapter even if I had long finished it.

I realized that you guys are not having much of the supposed frozen state of Kara since you all know how she really thinks despite the way that she acts towards Cloud so I decided to put Cloud's POV this time. I don't really know how long I would keep this story on his POV but I hope you guys will like it.

Just like other chapters, this one is not edited. If I get time, I'll edit them all.

Cloud Stevenson

Dinner time came and I took the liberty on cooking a meal for the both of us. We ate in silence never once lifting our heads up to throw a glance at each other.

It was really tempting to just stop eating and watch her every move but I knew I couldn’t do that. She already hates being here and making her uncomfortable by being such a creep wouldn’t help.

My mind went back to the day she trespassed my territory. Jet, my Beta, had already mindlinked me about a she-wolf that he brought to the dungeon after injuring Michael, one of my fighters, in a battle. He also told me that he was positive it was her.

A few years ago, a story spread about a she-wolf who had been killing rogues like her. Pack wolves considered it rumor and made-up stories of those rogues who were trying to go back to pack life even after committing unacceptable crimes.

The story was proven valid when she came across a certain pack and killed all the patrols except one who confirmed that it was indeed a she-wolf who attacked and killed three fully-grown male wolves and severely injured him in the process.

Nobody knew who she was or where she was staying but after that attack and a couple more trespassing, every pack increased their security not wanting to be caught off guard by the rogue.

My pack has a severe reputation when it comes to trespassers, which was true in every sense. My pack is considered one of the strongest but, contrary to what most people may think, the strength of the pack never guaranteed a peaceful life for us for most rogues and some deranged Alphas see that as a challenge, a record that they have to beat.

I could never put my pack’s security at stake by not taking threats seriously so I made sure my pack knows what to do in case she decided to strike. What I didn’t expect was that she would be able to put up a fight against one of my best warrior, my third in command and, the most unbelievable of all, my Beta. I also didn’t think that she could have decapitated another pack member in the presence of my high ranking members.

To be completely honest, I don’t know what I would have done if she didn’t kill Ruth. Her actions was acceptable since I ordered them and since she didn’t know that she was dealing with her Luna but still, Kara’s my mate and I would be damned if I let reason stop me from killing anyone who dared hurt her.

She frustrates the hell out of me, yes, but that would never mean that I would let anything happen to her or that I would let her go because I wouldn’t. Not if I still have breath left in me.

This morning when I introduced her to my pack, I was confused like I’ve never been before. For years I lived putting the well-being of my pack before everything else because I’m their alpha and I was raised to do that. Then all of a sudden she came and immediately, my priorities shifted. My pack is still high on my list but now she already topped it.

I knew my people wouldn’t share the same feelings with me not because they’re all closed-minded that they wouldn’t want a rogue as a Luna but because she killed a pack member. I understand them but I didn’t even want to think of what could have happened if Kara didn’t kill Ruth. I was torn between being a just alpha and a protective mate.