Cullen-Technique

Oh he's so wonderful,
Powerful,
Sweet,
Shy,
Handsome,
Thoughtful,
Brave,
Courageous,
You bit your lip, you were staring at the commander from afar. The commander was training the troops on the battlegrounds. He was in his element, pure bliss appeared on his face everytime he was training them. If only he looked that way when he was with...

"Y/N," the oblivious commander yelled waving you over."So we found a new technique and I would like to hear your opinion, I saw you watching... So I thought that... You.. you might... Have...Um... Some...Uh... Feedback." He started to stutter when he realised what he called you.

Both of your faces turned red and Cullen rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh.. a new technique... It was... Uh...Hard to see it precisely over there...Can I...Uh, see it again...So I.... Uh, can see it precisely..." You stuttered.

"Oh... Of course," he said softly. Then a little bit harder. "Once more!"

The troops noticed that their Inquisitor (aka. You) were there so they put more effort into it than before.

A few minutes later the troops finished their technique and you were impressed.

"Well done Commander," you said turning to smile at him. " It is well coordinated, and it seems they are well practised with it."

Cullen blushed, looked down and rubbed the back of his neck again. "Thank you," he said shyly. "I kept thinking about what happened at Haven and decided we needed a new technique. We've been working on it ever since we found this place."

"Well nice job commander you didn't have to though because the other one was perfect." You spoke quietly remembering the events at Haven.

Cullen whipped his head up. "Yes... Yes, I did need to change it. I can't allow something to happen again like that... I... We almost lost you and I can't allow that to happen!" He said with a mix of determination and fear.

All you could focus on was his words... 'I... We almost lost you!'...'I can't allow that to happen!'

Tears started welling up in your eyes and Cullen's eyes turn from bliss to horror.

Cullen came closer and cupped your face with both of his hands. "What's wrong?" He said in a terrified tone of voice.

You smile up at him. "Nothing," you said happily smiling at him. "It's just being an elf nobody has ever cared about whether I die or not."

Cullen wiped a tear off of your cheek making you shiver. "You don't have to worry about that anymore because as long as I'm here with you nobody will ever hurt you again and you will always have someone who cares about you!" He says passionately

Your breath catches in your throat.

"I care about you too!" You say scared that he didn't actually mean it.

Cullen blushed but as if reflex he closes the space and kisses you. After a few seconds, you kissed back. Sadly the moment was shortlived because Cullen realised what he had done and backed up a little.

"I... I am deeply sorry," Cullens speaks roughly backing up some more. "That was inappropriate for me to do." Turning back to the troops before you can respond.

Embarassed you run to your room burrying your head in your pillow.