My Stupid Saturday (+ an intro)

Hi, I'm Kaprissa Rose, (the red-haired scaredy cat) and I'm here to tell you about one of the scariest days of my life, also known as a 'fun little adventure with Adeline'.

It all began yesterday; I was taking a walk to the nearby park, when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Adeline looking at me. I was suddenly super self conscious and nervous because Adeline and I have absolutely nothing in common! I had short hair, was really quiet, and was scared of the dark. Adeline on the other hand, was the best at everything, popular, sort of mean, and fearless. With that being said, I was really surprised when she invited (more like commanded) me to have a little overnight trip to Crystal Cave.

If you don't know, Crystal Cave is a mysterious and dark cave away from all sorts of civilization. There was also said to have crystals at the deepest and darkest part of it. I didn't really feel like going there because one, if we got into trouble, nobody would be there to help us, two, there was said that evil monsters lived in the cave, and three, it was going to be extremely dark, even if we brought a flashlight.

"Kaprissa, KAPRISSA! Are you listening?" Adeline's yelling pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Um, yeah...so, where were we?" I timidly asked.

She rolled her eyes at me and replied, "As I was saying, you don't have to go if you're too scared, scaredy-cat!"

I was planning to say no, but being called 'scaredy-cat' made me really upset, so I replied,

"Look who's talking? I am so not scared!"

We glared at each other for a moment, and finally Adeline said, "Fine. We meet here tonight at seven o'clock."

I was about to agree, but thought of another question.

"What about our parents? Won't they know about it?"

"If you're actually not scared, you'll find a way around that, won't you?" she mocked. With that, she turned on her heel and left.