The Way Out!

I was relieved and panicky at the same time. Three hours! How were we going to escape in three hours?! I started crying because of all the pressure.

"Kaprissa, we can do this! We are not giving up because of some messed up, random witch who has gone mad!" Adeline comforted.

I was really touched by this and stood up, wiping my tears. We wandered around, when I saw something familiar.

"Adeline! I found it! I made marks on the walls to keep us from getting lost! If I'm not mistaken, we could find our way back by following these marks!" I cried in joy.

"You're the best! Now, let's get going!" Adeline answered.

We followed the trail in excitement, not one pausing to take a breath or rest. Soon, we saw light. I ran towards it, not looking back.

The light was blinding at first, but I never felt so happy to see the grass. Adeline followed looking happy.

"Why didn't you tell me about the marks?" Adeline asked.

I sighed, replying, "I didn't want you to make fun of me, thinking I was a scaredy-cat"

"Sorry about that. I guess I can be a bit too intense at times," Adeline admitted.

"Nah, it's all good," I told her.

The truth is, I'm actually okay with her dragging me in. I did some things I'd never do, and made a new friend. Of course I'm not saying that I'd do that again, just that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"So, promise me to keep this a secret," Adeline said.

"I promise," I answered.

We walked back home, enjoying the fresh air. We were chatting as if nothing had happened between us. It's very likely that we will be close friends in the future, but for now, all I know is that I'm keeping a very important secret between the two of us.