Easing the Pain

'On the fourth day she died' Jake thought to himself. He kicked the wall in frustration. 'STOP THINKING ABOUT HER' he mentally yelled at himself. He fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. He was at Grimmauld Place with Harry and Sirius and he still hadn't come out of his room. He heard a knock on his door and Harry's head popped in.

"Hey Jake, Sirius and I are going to Diagon Alley to get ice cream. Do you want to come?" Harry asks. An image of Katie eating her favourite ice cream at that very ice cream shop one year ago came into Jakes mind. He had been late to a date so that he could get a form signed for Harry. She had forgiven him and they had a good time anyway. It was only a year ago but it felt so far away.

"No, I think I will stay here" jake says. His green eyes still on the ceiling.

"Jake, you are never going to heal if you don't face it" Harry states. Jake sits up wit tears in his eyes.

"I am facing it Harry and it bloody sucks!" Jake snaps at him. Harry sighs.

"Look, we are leaving in five minutes whether you are coming or not." Harry's says before turning to leave. Before he leaves Harry turns his head towards Jake. "And Jake, I'm sorry that you lost her we both know it's not easy"

*

"What did I say about summoning me?" Katie says crossly. "You're abiding your power and you know it"

"I know, I'm sorry I just don't know how I'll ever live without you Kat" jake says with tears in his eyes.

"You're going to have to" Katie says. "I love you so much but if you summon me again I won't come" Katie mutters.

"Okay, just one last time. Let me talk to you. Let me say the things I wanted to say to you before you died" jake says in a begging tone. Katie looks at him for a moment and sighs.

"Okay"

"We started off as friends, you were a chaser liked me and that's when I knew I liked you. You were different, you were beautiful band you were my best friend" Jake begins. "I first knew I loved you when we first did the patronus charm, you were my happiest thought and that alone made me love you. I'm so sorry that I didn't forgive you sooner, I regret that so much because that time I spent being angry at you I could have been spending every last minute with you"

"You didn't know this would happen. Let me tell you something now. I broke your heart so many times in the past two years and I'm sorry. I don't regret even a second that I spent with you. This may all sound cheesy but I have always loved you and well I think I'll love you forever"

At that moment Jake passed out. He had kept her there for too long and now he was in a peaceful sleep on the floor. He knew he wasn't going to see her again. As much as he wanted to he couldn't. The words he heard from her and the words he said had eased the pain and now it was time to start again.