The Mission 3 Years Ago

The Next Day

We pack up, and head out early. We decided to walk on either side of Gaara.

“I’m bored.” Whines Kiba.

“We know Kiba. We heard you 5 minutes ago, and we heard you 5 minutes BEFORE that!” I say impatiently. Kiba looks at me. “What?” I ask.

“You look like you’re about to pass out.” He says. I glare at him.

“I’m fine.” I say. I actually feel pretty bad. 5 minutes later, Kiba’s talking again.

“Let’s tell stories.” He says.

“Like what stories?” I ask.

“Like what happened after you pranked me back.” He says slyly. I blush and Gaara looks at me.

“What happened after you pranked him?” He asks curiously. I blush harder and look at the ground.

“Kiba was being a idiot.” I say. Kiba laughs.

“I’ll tell ya.” He says. Gaara looks at me for a second, then looks at Kiba.

“I pranked her one time. So she stuck me in a dog crate a couple days back, to get back at me. But when she opened the dog crate, I jumped on her and pinned her to the ground, and kissed her. But my grip loosened and she rolled me over, so she pinned me down. And teased me!” Kiba laughs.

“Teased?” Asks Gaara. Kiba laughs.

“Ya! She leaned down towards me, like she was gonna kiss me, then when I leaned forward, she pulled back, got up, and left.” Kiba says, staring at me. Gaara looks at me smiling a bit.

“You're probably the only person who can tell people and not feel embarresed. Besides, it was just a prank” I say.

“Yeah, the best prank ever.” He says. I sigh, feeling dizzy.

“let’s rest here.” I say, sitting down.

“I’ll go scout the area.” Says Kiba, leaving.

I put my hands in my head, hoping the dizziness will go away.

“Eri?” Says Gaara. I quickly look up and smile.

“Just a little dizzy.” I say. Gaara comes over and sits beside me. I put my head back in my hands and close my eyes.

We fight, and fight, and fight. But there’s still more. We back each other up as much as we can. It felt like hours. Nothing but fighting.

“Eri. Eri. Eri!”

I open my eyes and I see Gaara.

“Eri?” He asks. I blink a couple of times, taking in my surroundings. My heads on Gaara’s lap and my cheeks are wet… I’ve been crying. I think. I gasp and quickly get up.

“Ga-Gaara! I’m so sorry!” I say wiping the tears away. I take a couple of steps back.

“You kept repeating Ichiro and Kaida” He says. I look at the ground. “You should probably go back to sleep.” He says. I shake my head.

“I can’t.” I whisper. He nods, watching me.

“Hey.” Kiba says. I quickly smile. “You look better Eri.” He says.

“Good.” I say.

“Let’s camp here for the night. It’s getting dark.” Says Kiba. I nod.

“Well, it’s been nice knowing you guys.”

I shiver.

“Wh-who said that?” I ask. Kiba and Gaara look at me.

“Said what?” Asks Gaara.

“The pleasures been all mine.”

“I-I’ll go find wood. For the fire!” I say quickly.

“You look pale again, maybe you shouldn’t.” Says Kiba.

“I have to.” I say, running into the forest.

Gaara’s P.O.V. (never gonna happen again)

Kiba sighs.

“What’s wrong with her?” I ask. Kiba looks at me.

“She has a tragic past that haunts her.” He says.

“Earlier she fell asleep and kept saying Ichiro and Kaida.” I tell him.

“Yeah, Ichiro Kanna and Kaida Uchiha. They were the two in Team 11. She was the third team member. The Hokage sent Team 11 to get some scrolls from another village, nothing big. But they crossed some rogue ninja’s path. The team leader was separated from them, and killed. So Ichiro, Kaida, and her had to fight 24 rogue ninjas. But they killed about 90% of them until they couldn’t fight no more. The rogues tide them up and beat them. When the rogue’s sensed help coming, they left them. Eri crawled over to Ichiro to help him, but he was dead. After getting over the shock, she crawled over to Kaida, lucky he was alive, but just barely. Kaida knew he wasn’t going to live, so he told Eri to take his right eye. The left one was beat in and unusable. Since Eri was trained in medical jutsu, she performed the change. Kaida died after that. Eri collapsed right before the help came, and she barely lived.” Explains Kiba. “She still has nightmares, hears voices, and loses herself in the memories. She still visits their graves, every other day. She hates going on missions, and can’t move on.”

Back To Eri

I lean against a tree.

“The best team ever.”

“It won’t be the same without us.”

“Please just go away.” I whisper.

“What do we have here?”

I quickly get up and pull out a kunai. Standing 20 feet away, were two guys in black cloaks with red clouds in them.

“Akatsuki.” I say.

“We know who you are. We were there, 3 years ago, on that day.” Says the one with long blond hair. The other one had short red hair.

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“Don’t you remember? You and two other boys were surrounded by a bunch of rogue ninjas.” He says.

“How do you know about that?” I ask.

“We were passing by.” He says simply. “I’m Deidara, the guy with red hair is Sasori. And we’re here to take Gaara of the Sand.”