Gaara or Sasori

The Next Day

I wake up and look at Gaara, who’s already awake. I smile at him weakly. Gaara motions for me to come closer, so I slide beside him.

“Deidara and Sasori are still asleep, so we have to be quiet.” Gaara whispers. I nod. “So what’s the plan?”

My mouth drops open.

“Aren’t you the one who’s been awake?!?” I whisper furiously. Gaara blushes and I sigh.

“We can’t fight them, because they’re too strong so we’ll be beaten. We need to get free quickly.” I whisper. Gaara smiles. “What did you do?” I ask. Gaara pulls his hands from behind him, no rope. “How did you-“

“My sand managed to get a kunai during the night without them finding out. And it cut the rope.”He says. I smile.

“I’m going to give you a big hug when we get free!” I whisper. Gaara blushes.

After I’m freed, me and Gaara quietly walk over to Deidara and Sasori who are still sleeping. I pull out a kunai and Gaara’s sand pours out of the gorge. Gaara walks over to Deidara and I walk over to Sasori. I nod. Gaara’s sand encases Deidara’s arms and most of his legs in sand. And Gaara’s hand is pulled into a fist, crushing Deidara’s limbs. At the same time I spring forward, about to cut Sasori’s throat, when he jumps up and grabs my hand that’s holding the kunai. Deidara yells from the pain. Gaara turns around smiling, unaware of Sasori holding my arm. His smile fades. Everything goes quiet.

“You were awake?” I ask. Sasori laughs. I try to pull my arm back, put Sasori stronger, so he pulls me to him, twirls me around to face Gaara, and twists my arm behind me uncomfortably.

“What, you thought that we’d just fall asleep, leaving you two unguarded?.” He asks. He looks at Deidara and sighs. “Too much trouble for a Jinchuriki and a girl with a sharingan.” He says.

I try to jab him in the stomach with my elbow, but he catches my arm, and pulls it behind with my other arm. I wince from not being flexible that way. Gaara looks at me and takes a step towards us. Sasori puts a kunai to my sharingan eye, and Gaara takes a step back.

“You and Deidara aren’t really that different.” I say. Sasori snorts.

“Really?” He asks sarcastically. I nod.

“You like to threaten that you’ll gauge out my eye.” I say simply. Sasori shrugs.

“I don’t think that you’d like to lose something important to you.” He says.

“Duh, people’s eyes are important to them.” I say. Sasori laughs.

“You know what I mean.” He says. Yeah, I do. He means it’s important to me because I got it from a friend who died.. I look at the ground and Sasori laughs.

“So what are you going to do now?” Gaara asks. “About Deidara? There’s only one of you, and two of us.”

“Yeah, well your friend isn’t in any position to be trying to get free. And I don’t think you want her losing her eye.” Sasori says casually. While Gaara and Sasori talk, I slowly begin to angel myself directly in front of Sasori. “Hey, you’re in my way.” Sasori says.

I pull my head back, colliding with Sasori’s face. Sasori lets go and staggers back word. I spin around and kick him in the stomach, causing him to fall back. I pull out a kunai knife and jump on him. Sasori lay on his back, and I’m on top of him, holding a kunai to his heart. Sasori’s face goes from tense and angry, to relaxed and smiling.

“Are you going to kill me?” He asks. I hesitate and Sasori’s smile grows. “You don’t have the guts. You aren’t the killing type even. You’re too nice.”

“Eri?” I faintly hear Gaara say.

“You’re weak and you know it. You’re scared of death, because of what happened.” He whispers, his voice like silk. I shake my head, Sasori laughs. “You’re pathetic.”

I finally come to my senses and glare at him.

“You’re telling me stuff I already know. It’s either Gaara or you, and I won’t lose anyone else.” I growl.

“But you can’t keep your friends forever, sooner or later, they’ll die.” Sasori says, contempt.

“But not today.” I say and plunge the kunai into his heart.