Kiba! To Die, Or Not To Die!

Deidara grabs my wrist and snaps it down. I scream, pain shooting through my body.

“Eri!” Kiba runs up behind me and grabs me, pulling me away from Deidara. I clutch my wrist.

“It’s broken.” Whispers Kiba. A groan escapes my lips as I slowly get up. I run up to Deidara and use my other hand to punch. He falls backwards but catches himself, and kicks me in the stomach. I double over coughing up blood. Sasori comes up behind Deidara.

“Let’s go.” He says.

“What about the Jinchuriki?” Asks Deidara.

“Not yet.” Sasori says. Deidara sighs and looks down at me.

“Maybe another time.” He says smiling, and they disappear. Kiba comes over to me and bends down.

“Go see if Gaara’s ok.” I gasp. Kiba starts to shake his head. “I’m fine.” I say. Kiba nods and reluctantly goes. I lay there, curled in a ball, and coughing up blood. I lose track of time. I hear footsteps coming up behind me. I try to turn, but cough up more blood. Someone sits beside me.

“What happened?” It was Gaara.

“She attacked Deidara and he broke her hand.” Kiba says. I look up at Gaara.

“Are you alright?” I ask. Gaara nods.

“What about you?” He asks.

“I’ll be fine.” I say.

The Next Day

We got medical help for me and Kiba, mostly me though. I had a broken wrist and some serious bruised ribs, Thankfully, Lady Chiyo had put some of the antidote for Sasori’s poison in Gaara’s bag. Gaara said it was a safety precaution because of what happened to Konkuro when he fought Sasori. Gaara was unharmed, and Kiba had a nasty bruise on his cheek. We found a hot springs hotel and are going to stay for a couple of days.

We open the door to our room.

“I’ll go check through the rooms.” Says Kiba. I nod. Gaara sits down.

I lean against the wall, sigh, and slump to the ground. I wince, the pain from my wrist making my uncomfortable. Gaara looks at me, studying me.

“Why do you protect me so much?” He asks. I look at him, thinking.

“Because no harm should come to you.” I say.

“But I can use my sand.” He counters. I shrug.

“Just because you have sand doesn’t mean I’m going to just leave you. I’m going to protect you, no matter what.” I say simply. He nods and looks away. Kiba comes back in.

“Clear.” He says to me and I nod. “E-Eri?”

“Yeah?” I say.

“How did Deidara know about Team 11?” He asks. I stare at the floor. Gaara looks at me. Kiba grabs my chin, making me look at him. I try to hold in the tears, no such luck. A tear falls down my cheek.

“They were passing by when it started. But they couldn’t stay to see how it ended.” I say. Gaara turns away.

“Why’d he want to see you sharingan?” Kiba asks. I shrug. I pull my chin away.

“So you saw it?” I ask. Kiba nods. I shrug. “I’m going to the hot springs.” I say getting up.

“Me too.” Says Kiba. I look at Gaara and smile.

“You should go to the hot spring with Kiba.” I say. Gaara looks at me. “Pleeeease!” I say. Gaara sighs and gets up.

“Fine.” He says. I give him a quick hug and he blushes. We grab our stuff for the hot spring and leave.

I relax in the hot water. I’m the only girl on the girl side and it’s relaxing! I stand up in the water to get the shampoo, my top half showing. I hear Kiba yell from the guys side.

“Eri!” Kiba yells. I hear climbing on the wall.

“Kiba, if you look-“ I start to say just as Kiba’s head pops above the wall. Kiba doesn’t move just stare at my chest. I scream and sink into the water so my chest isn’t visible anymore. I see sand rap around Kiba’s neck and yank him down. Shouting and swearing from the buys side floats over to the girls side.

“Eri? He forgot his shampoo, and was wondering if he could borrow yours.” Says Gaara. I’m to horrified at what just happened to answer for a moment.

“Eri?” I hear Gaara say.

“No one’s going to look again?” I yell so he can hear me.

“No.” Gaara says. I shakily get out of the hot spring, ready to jump back in if I need to. I grab my shampoo and reach as high as I can to hand it over. Gaara’s hand comes over and accidentally grabs my wrist. I pull back and drop the bottle.

“S-sorry.” I say. I grab the shampoo bottle again and stand on my tippy toes. Gaara’s hand comes over and grabs the shampoo. I sigh.

“Thanks Eri.” Says Gaara. I quickly jump back into the hot spring. I hear murmuring.

“I-I-I-sa-saw-saw-“

“Shut up Kiba, you scared her.” Gaara cuts him off.

“But-but-but-I saw her chest!” Kiba says.

“K-Kiba I’ll kill you!” I hesitantly say.

I get out of the hot spring and get dressed. When I walk out of the dressing room I see Kiba and Gaara come out. Kiba looks at me, then to my chest. I gasp and cross my arms over my chest. Kiba blushes and so does Gaara. I turn away from them and start to walk away.

“If I die, I want to die side by side with my teammates.”

“Eri?”

I look and see Gaara standing by me.

“What?” I whisper, looking straight ahead.

“What’s wrong?” Asks Gaara. I shake my head and smile.

“Nothing.” I say. Gaara slowly nods. Kiba comes up behind me and I turn around, facing him. We both blush and I automatically cross my arms over my chest.

“S-s-s-sorry.” He stammers. I blush harder.

“I-t’s o-o-ok.” I stammer. Gaara blushes too. I turn to him.

“Kib- he- said he saw y-your…” Gaara turns so read. I turn back to Kiba.

“I’m. Going. To. Kill. You.” I growl. Kiba looks like he’s about to pee his pants.

“I was shocked. I didn’t know what to do.” He says.

“Dead.” I growl.