Chapter 2: A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

I followed the winding path until we reach a room with rocks suspended over a huge pool of water. I suspected that their was an evil lurking in that murky lake. Taking Widow, my Archnet, I had her make a sticky bridge of webbing. I remember from the story that there is a large, metallic, bat-like beast roaming this cavern. I hopped onto the bridge, closely followed by Shade. Sure enough, once we made it to the first rock, a bat-like beast swooped out of nowhere and tried to knock me off the small rock platform. I swung my fist at it and it fell, stunned into the lake where a ginormous fish promptly ate it. I roll my eyes and finish picking my way across the rocks and web bridge.

"Coming Shade?" I ask, as the Shadow Clan youngling was having trouble making his way across the bridge.

"How did you *pant* make it across so *pant* fast?" He asks.

"I have been trained for this stuff all my life. I am a Shane after all." I respond striking an annoyed pose, when I really was having fun with the gullible young warrior.

When Shade finally makes it across, we continue on.

"If my memory serves me, we should not go down there." I say gesturing to a small opening in the tunnel.

"Why not?" Shade asks curiously.

I whisper to him about it being a giant worms bottom. his features morph into a mask if utter repulsion.

"Here, I think I can teleport us past that at most." He tells me.

He offers me his hand/paw, whatever it is and I take it. The world shifts to another tunnel almost identical to the one we were just in. I look behind us and see a giant worm sleeping peacefully. I smile at Shade before loading Lullaby, my little Slyren into my blaster. Duo squeaks pathetically and I look down at the poor girl. She lays pressed up against the glass looking on the brink of death. I start running, firing Lullaby to put all the Cavern Flies to sleep. Pushing on, I see the Lightwell gleaming up ahead. Skidding to a stop in front of it, I take off the canister Duo is in and gently slide her into my hand. Carefully, I drop her into the Well. It glows green and a moment later Duo pops out looking as good as new. I smile with relief. Murmuring quietly to my friend, I press her gently to my face and feel her little arm things press up against my epidermis in a hugging motion. I bring her back so I can look at her. I realize that I would not be able to come back here. My sanity was being tugged at by the energy in the Well. If a slug got sick again, I could not take it here to heal it. Grabbing Miner, the Crystalyd, I whispered for him to fetch was I needed. I fired him into a corner if the cavern a he returned soon after with the necklace I needed. It was a gold chain with a gold pendant. The pendant had an opening to hold a liquid. I open the lid and put some of the Well's contents into the pendant. I turned to see Shade was gone. I sighed and began the walk back out of the Lightwell.

"Where do you think your going?"