Chapter 3: A Shadow Over Slugterra

I whirled around. A being with pale white, green tinged skin and dark brown hair was glaring at me with a smile. It's tattered clothes barely hid the hooves it had. The horns that grew from its head confirmed what it was. It was a Dark Bane. I pointed my blaster at it, Moon my Negashade slug growling inside her capsule.

"Now now little girl, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to poison the Well." He says chuckling.

"No way in hell!" I yell at it.

"A defiant one huh? I didn't know anybody but the Shane's wouldn't be scared of me." He says in a pondering tone.

"News flash, I am a Shane." I snarl.

"There are no Shane's left. I killed Eli Shane and he had no children."

"He isn't dead. I am his only child." My voice has almost become just a growl.

"No matter, move girl." He snaps.

"No." I reply simply.

"No?" He snarls, "Nobody tell Thaddeus Blakk no."

My eyes widened. He was alive?

"I am not letting you, you sick evil bastard!" I growl.

I quickly snatch up Nightlight and put him in my blaster. I shoot him at Dr. Blakk. The deranged man is hit and stumbles right in front of the Light Well. I walk up in front of him.

"Boo!"

He screams and falls backwards into the Light Well. I hold him down until he goes limp. I let go of him and leave this place.