Chapter 3: The Unexpected Return

A/N : Sorry for wrong spellings and grammar mistakes.

-

''Hey Cam, we're celebrating Aiden's homecoming tonight.'' she spoke on the phone, as she watched Aiden talking with her parents in the living room. He was still wearing his army combat uniform, and obviously, he looked so much different.

His skin was tanner, and his body definitely became more muscular than before. She smiled as his dimples showed when he talks.

''Wait what? When did he come back?'' Cameron asked eagerly.

''He already came back yesterday, but he only told my parents because he wanted to surprise me and he did! P.S. he looks hotter.''

''Wow, that's great! I'm happy for you!'' Cameron cheered, and added, ''Oh, and should I bring Chris tonight?''

''Sure, but do you think he'd want to?'' she asked him back curiously, as he hummed. ''I'm just worried he would feel left out, that's all.''

Cameron sighed. ''Oh please, like that's something new. Don't worry, if he agrees to come, you'll see us later. Although I highly doubt that.''

''Okay.'' she replied without much expectations. Aiden then walked towards her. ''Gotta go, see you later!'' she hung up the phone, as Aiden pressed his lips against hers. She still couldn't handle his kisses without blushing.

Aiden chuckled and poked her cheek with his index finger. ''You look cute when you blush.''

''I'm not blushing!'' she denied with her two, obvious tomato cheeks. Then he kissed her lips again, but this time, slow and longer.

''I'm really grateful you're in my life.'' He whispered those meaningful words, and held both of her hands. ''You're really special to me, Vanessa. I love you.'' His lips reached to her knuckles.

Her smile met her ears, topped with that warm, tingly feeling in the pit of her stomach. The only words she could say to him was, ''I love you more.''

-

Glasses clinking filled the house. They were already celebrating for Aiden, but Cameron was nowhere to be found. Vanessa suspected that he forgot about it, or maybe he overslept, since he usually only does two those things whenever he's late. When she was just about to call him, Aiden's father abruptly approached her.

''Vanessa? Can we talk about you for a moment?'' he asked politely. She nodded and smiled widely, trying to hide her nervousness. She was mentally communicating with Aiden to help her out, but all he did was give her a wink and some thumbs up, which wasn't helpful at all. ''So, what is your major?''

''Oh, um, Science.'' she replied as confidently as she could.

He then nodded his head in acknowledgement. ''I'm impressed. Aiden used to tell me that his girlfriend is a beauty with brain. I can see what he said is true.'' He chuckled, as she laughed at how ridiculous that sounded.

Just in time, thankfully, the doorbell rang. She excused herself from Aiden's father, and quickly went to open it, hoping for Cameron to show up.

To her surprise, a bleach-haired guy appeared, and strangely, he was the only one standing.

''Hi Chris! You came! Where's Cameron?'' she searched around him.

He stared at her and cleared his throat. ''Don't worry, he's just parking the car. He'll be here any second.'' He spoke with the usual cold tone, which Vanessa was already used to.

''Nessa!'' Cameron came running towards them. ''Oh my god, sorry I'm late! I overslept and... and Chris didn't even wake me up!'' he was now holding onto his knees, panting.

''It's not like I live in the dorm with you, idiot. You should've set the alarm.'' Christopher rolled his eyes at the sight of his older brother. Cameron could only glare back at him.

Vanessa sighed. ''Well, what matters is you guys are here! Now let's go inside.'' she motioned them to come in, as indistinct whispers could be heard upon Christopher's presence. Vanessa glimpsed at Christopher, who was now looking down on the floor.

''I think they're just amazed by his beauty.'' Cameron whispered as Vanessa giggled. She bumped her shoulder on Christopher's arm, and gave him a smile to boost his confidence. She was hoping he'd smile back but instead, he gave her a straight face. Worth a shot?

Aiden walked towards them with a grin, as Cameron immediately hugged him.

''I miss you, bro!'' Cameron beamed as they did their famous handshake they used to do in high school. ''By the way, I want you to meet my little brother, Christopher.'' He continued as he tapped on Christopher's shoulder.

''Wait, you have a sibling? I never knew that.'' Aiden looked at Christopher with fascination. ''Nice hair.''

Christopher's expression was hard to read, and Vanessa was getting more uneased. Aiden offered his hand with a smile, but Christopher was taking too long to accept it, making a confused expression on Aiden came into view, as he slowly lowered his hand.

Cameron then nervously cleared his throat and elbowed Christopher, who was now looking intense as Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She had never seen him like this.

''So, you're Vanessa's boyfriend, huh? Nice to meet you too.'' Christopher smiled.

Vanessa wasn't really sure, but there seemed to be something rather mysterious, behind that deadly smile of his.

-

Comment and vote if you'd like to!

See you guys soon! :)