Chapter 6: Late Night Partners

A/N : So so sorry for the late update. Unfortunately, i was having a writer's block (freaking hate that shit) so i've been spending the days thinking about this chapter and constantly changing it. (im an insecure writer i cant help it 😭) but here i am! i worked so hard on this chapter, hoping it would be good so i hope y'all can enjoy it!

Also, sorry for wrong spellings and grammar mistakes.

-

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Her eyes wandered around her surroundings, as she stepped out of the car feeling unsettled. She timidly took a few steps towards the white small framed door before her, clutching onto her bag tightly.

The door then swung open, followed by a greeting of a beautiful redhead woman, who looked fairly in her middle forties. She had a pair of dark brown doe eyes, exactly like Cameron's, and some red tinted lips, that always seemed to give an effect on both men and women.

She widely smiled, as she reached to Vanessa with open arms. ''Hello, Vanessa! Gosh, it's been quite a while since I've seen you!'' she patted Vanessa's back, before releasing her, as Vanessa softly smiled at the unfailing generosity of the woman.

''Hi, Mrs. Lloyd. Sorry for the sudden appearance.'' Vanessa glanced to her left, where Cameron was standing, as he put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer next to him.

''My clumsy friend here lost her house key, and coincidentally, both of her parents are out of town. So, she'll need a place to stay for a while.'' Cameron showed all his pearly white teeth, knowing that his mother would do anything for him whenever he does that.

His mother softened. ''Oh, poor little thing...''

Vanessa stared down at her well-cared white floral sneakers that Aiden bought for her as a gift, feeling embarrassed.

''Don't worry, Vanessa, you can stay here as long as you want to.'' She smiled with reassurance. ''At times like this, it's a good thing that Cameron stays in a dorm.'' She whispered playfully, as Vanessa giggled at Cameron, who just narrowed his eyes.

Christopher then came up from behind Vanessa and Cameron, and briskly planted a kiss on his mother's cheek. With only one strap of his bag hanging on his broad shoulder, his arm stretched out for the doorknob.

A smile still plastered on their mother's face, she said, ''Chris is a sweetheart, isn't he?''

Vanessa nodded with no uncertainty, as she watched Christopher's back disappearing from her sight.

-

''Welcome back to my favorite place in the whole wide world.''

Cameron pushed opened his bedroom door, and his favorite color blue, came into vision.

His room was not too big, or small, perfect for one person. Some sheer blue drapes shielded the bare window, softening the glare of sunlight that threatened to disturb the darkness in the room. A blue rug was placed directly under his bed, covered by a matching blue duvet.

''Remember, don't open the drawers okay?'' he stared at Vanessa with a penetrating gaze.

She just nodded her head absently, her eyes still trailing everywhere, ingesting all the memories she had had in this room.

This was where Aiden and I had our first kiss. She smiled.

Yes, it was not quite romantic, considering that it was at her best friend's room. Although Vanessa had always imagined having her first kiss somewhere more scenic and beautiful, she still felt like the luckiest girl in the world who had won a lottery, after that fateful night.