Engines to the Rescue.

The Fire was still raging, by the time Fireman Sam reached Tidmouth Sheds it had spread to the cricket pitch and the pavilion where all the players usually rest was on fire too.

Harold dropped Sam in front of the engines who were waiting for instructions. Every engine who could fit in and around the sheds was there. "Right my name is Fireman Sam, I have a list of your names that the Fat Controller gave me so if you are here when I call your name go to where I tell you. Diesel, Diesel 10, Salty, Paxton, Mavis, Den and Dart. You will be the water carriers you will go to Brendam Docks and collect water. Thomas, Gordon, Henry, Hiro, Spencer, Edward and Emily you will go to Wellsworth Junction. The Diesels will bring the water to you and you will take the water to Fire Engine Flynn, Belle, Caitlyn, Percy, Bash, Dash and Ferdinand who are already battling the fires. Harold you will collect water and drop it on the fire from the air.

Toby felt left out "but what about me?" He asked.
"That's a very good point, Toby you are a wooden engine so we can't have you near the fire. You will go with the diesels and help load them with water." Said Fireman Sam
Diesel 10 had an idea "but if Toby is made of wood, should I soak him with water?"
"That is an excellent idea" said Fireman Sam "it's better to be safe than sorry"

All the engines raced away to their locations. All except Jacob who was hiding in the back of Tidmouth Sheds.

The Diesels loaded up with water and raced to Wellsworth Junction where the Steamies were waiting for them. The Steamies received the water and took it the engines who were fighting the fire. Harold was collecting water from the sea and was dropping it on the fires from above.

Almost all of the fires had been put out, all except a fire that had reached Tidmouth Sheds. Jacob noticed that part of the shed roof was on fire. He came out of the sheds and looked around, he saw Rocky who had been sent by the Fat Controller to check on Tidmouth Sheds. "Help!" Shouted Jacob "the roof is on fire, if we don't put it out then the fire will spread even more" behind them was a water tower. Jacob had an idea he said to Rocky "if you can use your hook and crane to release the water valve...."
"but I can't reach that far" said Rocky.
Jacob had another idea, "this may damage me a bit but we need do it, do you think you can swing me in to the water tower?"
Rocky quickly looked at Jacob and at the water tower "but you might get badly damaged if I do that"
"I am sure it's nothing that can't be repaired" said Jacob "let's do it after three" 3.2.1
Rocky lifted Jacob from the rails and swung him in to the base of the tower, it collapsed forward sending water crashing down on to the fire. But the water didn't put all the fire out.

Fire Engine Flynn came racing in with Fireman Sam operating his main hose. "You don't have much left Flynn but it should be enough!" Sam aimed the hose and put the fire out once and for all.

All the engines slowly came back to Tidmouth sheds, they were all amazed when Rocky told them about Jacob's idea.

The Fat Controller arrived. He asked Harvey if he could stand in his cherry picker to address everybody. Harvey agreed.
"You have all done remarkably well to put the fires out, this day will not be forgotten, nor will your heroic actions. We must especially thank Rocky and Jacob for putting out the fire at Tidmouth Sheds and stopping it from spreading any further". All the engines whistled and peeped. The Fat Controller waited for the cheers to stop and then he said "and we must not forgot to thank the amazing Fireman Sam who coordinated our fire fighting mission and saved many buildings from destruction. All the engines whistled and peeped again.

Fireman Sam blushed and said "thank you everybody I could not have done it without all your help, I would like to tell you all my motto "A GOOD FIREMAN IS NEVER OFF DUTY!"

The engines whistled and peeped one last time.

The End.