Chapter 4 - I don't think I'm Lincoln

"Lincoln," Lincoln hears Daisy say to him again. He can feel her arm around his chest, he thinks she's sitting beside him on the bed trying to figure out why he's freaking out. Lincoln looks over at her worried face just before another memory comes to him.

"Wait I thought we were here," John says to Astrid, they are on the subway looking at a map. "No we're going to switch to the six train. Unless you wanna end up in Queens," Astrid says looking up at him. It seemed like an innocent moment, "I don't know, I've never been to Queens," John says to her. "Trust me, you haven't spent enough time topside to have explored the outer burros." John spits out, "Wow, listen to the tough girl," The man who shot at him, who looks like him, walks up to them, "How did you find me?" John asks. "It's a lot easier tracking a human than a paranormal," Lincoln doesn't know what he means by a paranormal. "I have something to show you," he says to John. "Jed I'm kind of busy here," John tries but Jedikiah just says, "Trust me you'll want to see this," John kisses Astrids's hand saying "I'll make it up to you," as he exits the train with Jedikiah.

"Lincoln, please. You're scaring me," he hears Daisy say to him, he feels her hand on his face.

"I thought all any father wanted was for your son to be a man," John says to Jedikiah, Lincoln just puts his head in his hands as he can't stop the memories from coming. He sees himself hooked up to a machine as vials are injected to him, he doesn't know what is happening to him or what is going on.

"What branch of defence or intelligence wouldn't want a Paranormal Super-Soldier. Oh that's right, last time we talked about this you had me thrown in a rubber room. Which is why I brought one with me." Lincoln remembers Jedikiah saying to a older man, then John teleports in, Jedikiah says to the man, "Senator Kelsey, meet John Young. My first prototype." Lincoln remembers John saying to the Senator, "Nice to meet you Senator," as he hold the gun to his head. Lincoln remembers Jedikiah hand him a file with descriptions of people saying, "Our next mission." The files are of Stephen Jameson, Russell Kwon, and Cara Coborn, from what Lincoln is remembering. "You recognize her?" Jed asks about Cara, and John says to him, "Am I supposed to?" but Jedikiah just says, "She's our first recruit, first of many." Lincoln doesn't know why he was recruiting them, those were the people he was with before; his friends, he thought.

"Hey," Daisy says to Lincoln, her hand had left his face and are now on his shoulder. She shakes him for a second and Lincoln looks over to her. "What happened? What's going on, what's wrong?"

"I don't think I'm Lincoln," he says quietly not understanding any of what he was remembering. 

"What?" Daisy asks.

"They kept calling me John," Lincoln says sort of to himself.

"Who?" Daisy asks still not grasping what Lincoln was saying, "Who called you John? What did you remember?"

"My life," Lincoln says looking at Daisy, "I think I was somebody else before Afterlife, just like you were Skye. But I don't think that John was a very good person. Or at least not at the end. When he was with Jed."

"Who is Jed?" Daisy asks.

"All any father wanted was for your son to be a man," Lincoln says quietly repeating what he'd remembered.

"Was Jedikiah your father?"

"I don't know..." Lincoln says looking over at Daisy.