11: Chasseur Family Secrets

"He straight up told your dad he has premonitions?" Lydia asked. "And he even told him that he saw Isabel's kidnapping?"

"Yeah he has an APB out on a dirty white van, but without a plate number they won't be able to actually prove that any van was used in the abduction."

"Has he told Derek?"

Stiles shook his head. "I don't think Dad wants him going after Devin. He warned them about the Procurers, to begin with," he sighed. "Scott hates keeping stuff from him but he and Dad agreed that Derek would do something he'd regret if he knew. The wolves are all out trying to pick up Isabel's scent."

"Then let's hope she didn't go into her Valkyrie form."

Stiles nodded in agreement.

~~~

Sean just looked at Mark. "You want to what?"

"It's time she learned the truth."

"She's not ready yet. She's not ready to learn the truth about the world."

"She's sixteen."

"Exactly! Give her time to actually be a teenager! This is the first time I've seen her halfway happy. Now you want to drop the supernatural bomb on her?"

"She'll learn eventually. It'll be better for her to learn from us than when she sees a werewolf on a full moon."

"Mom!"

"I have to agree with Sean, dear," Emily said. "I don't think she's ready for the truth yet either."

"You're going to take his side? He's been balking at his duties ever since we made him break it off with that werewolf."

"That werewolf had a name, Dad. And Lindsey isn't ready to join the family business just yet. Or were you hoping by dragging her around Hell's half-acre she'd willingly say 'Teach me, Jedi Master'?"

Emily bit her lip to keep the amusement from showing on her face. Mark's face turned red with anger.

"Just give her a little while longer," Emily said. "Her personality has begun to change. Once I believe she is ready, I will be the one to tell her the truth."

~~~

Angry couldn't accurately describe Derek. He, Peter, Malia, Scott, and Isaac had tried and failed to track Isabel's scent and Danny wasn't going to be able to track her by cell phone. They had reached a dead end. Malia had never seen him like that and frankly, it scared her. And she then proved to be her father's daughter. Upon finding Devin's name at the mailboxes, she traveled up to his floor and found his apartment. Lucky for Malia, Devin was home.

"Ah, crap," he said when he saw Malia. He took a step back almost as if he knew she was going to barge in. Malia marched right into the apartment. "Come on in. Make yourself at home," he added sarcastically. Once Devin shut the door, she growled at him. "So what do I owe the honor of a coyote barging into my apartment? Are you here just to growl at me?"

"We know you warned Isabel about the Procurers."

"I did. But if you're here to threaten me into making me tell you why, you're wasting your time. Because I don't know why they took her or where they could have taken her. In fact, I don't even know who the Procurers are. And let me guess, Derek's Alpha has forbidden him from contacting me so he sends a coyote to do his threatening."