30: Allies

Isabel just looked at Devin. "You couldn't have mentioned this before now!?"

"I was a Dark! You know he has every Dark under his thumb. I didn't know what he would have done to me if I told you and he found out."

"Would you have betrayed me?"

"I would have died before betraying you. You know that."

Isabel sighed, knowing that was the truth. "You're sure he's in Beacon Hills?"

"I saw him myself, Isabel. He's either working with Lilith or using her to get to the Eye."

"Wait," Peter suddenly said. "She thinks he's helping her get the Eye. She thinks that he'll be her ally."

"Kenton doesn't share power," Devin said. "He killed the Chasseurs simply for losing Isabel."

Isabel's phone rang and she pulled it out of her pocket. "It's Deaton." She answered it and put it on speaker. "Yeah?"

Isabel, were you able to find it?

"Yeah, Derek, Scott, and Deucalion were right. I buried it with her."

Do you have it now?

"Why?"

If you have it, you cannot bring it back to Beacon Hills.

"A little too late for that, Doc," Devin said as they passed the sign announcing they were entering Beacon Hills. "We just passed into the city limits."

Then you come to the animal clinic.

"Well, we were actually going to head there first anyway. We had something odd happen."

Odd how?

"I think it'll be better to show you." Isabel hung up. "Is it me, or did he almost sound panicked?"

"I've only heard that tone on him a few times," Scott said. "I think he knows about Kenton."

"What makes you think that?"

"He used that same tone when he realized I was the one Deucalion was really after to join his pack. When he realized I was a True Alpha."

Derek stepped on the gas.

~~~

Parrish was waiting at the door when Derek pulled up.

"What are you doing here?" Isabel asked.

"Pack meeting. The whole gang's here." They walked in to see the entire pack, Chris, and Deucalion were in the animal clinic. Peter suddenly growled when he saw a limp but very angry-looking Lilith on the floor against the wall.

"She's not doing anything any time soon," Deucalion said.

Stiles picked up her wrist then dropped it. "Kanima venom," he said.

Isabel walked over to her and crouched.

"Isabel, there's something really important you need to hear," Deaton said.

Isabel didn't respond, only continued to look Lilith in the eye. "We know that you've allied with Kenton."

"Well, she obviously already knew about that," Isaac said.

"What of it?" Lilith asked.

"Do you really think he'll let you keep the Eye? He hired the Procurers to find it and then killed them when they didn't. I'm actually surprised you're still alive. Which only means you're still useful to him. But once you have the Eye, he'll kill you. It wouldn't be the first time he's killed a witch."