She Looks So Perfect

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm soooo sorry!" Luke exclaimed, his hair all over his head. His eyes were red as if he had been up all night and his knuckles were white on the steering wheel. So naturally I feared for the safety of myself and my fake daughter's, getting into this car with this boy who looked like a madman.

But he was such a cute madman. I just shook the thought out of my head and opened up the car door.

I frowned and furrowed my brow, reluctantly getting in the car with Lily in the crook of my arm and my bookbag slung over my free shoulder. I hadn't fully slammed the door shut when Luke was already speeding down the pavement, going at least 70 miles per hour. The back of my head slammed into the head cushion on the car seat and I cried out in pain. "Luke, what the fuck!?" I yelled. I didn't need to get whiplash just because he wanted to be an asshole earlier in the morning.

He said nothing, but his ears turned a bright shade of red. He turned a sharp corner and Lily almost flew out the window. "Luke, if you're going to be a jackass just let me out the car." I said, my teeth clenched. He glared at me out of the corner of his eye. "I'd rather be late to school than dead and- HOLY SHIT, SLOW THE HELL DOWN!" I screamed just as this kid was riding his bike in the rode, just swerving out of Luke and his hellbent road rage. Luke slammed on the brakes and parked his car almost directly in the middle of the street.

"Why the heck are you stoping?! We're already late enough!" I exclaimed. Luke just simply nodded and sped back into the street.

I never wanted to see him angry again.

Luke POV

I was so nervous that morning. I tossed and turned that whole night and I even puked a little early that morning. So I finally do get to sleep eventually, only to find that my shitty alarm wasn't set. What dork forgets to set their alarm clock?! I'll tell you who- Luke Hemmings. Me.

I barely remembered to brush my hair and even though I did, the wind messed it up anyway. I raced to her house as fast as I could without getting into an accident or killing or maiming myself in anyway, and when I do get there, she's pissed. Normally, I would have yelled at her for yelling at me, but she looked so beauitiful, I couldn't bring myself to say anything. So I passed myself off as being even more dorkier than I was yesterday, by not saying shit.

She just looked so perfect.

RILEY POV.

I was just thankful that we got to school alive. Luke was practically ignoring me throughout the whole day, even though I would catch him cutting his eyes out at him every once in a while. I was honestly a little taken aback by his cold shoulder. What did I do to deserve this? He's the one who offered to drive me to school and if I would've known he was gonna be a jekr afterwards, I would've happily caught the bus or had Aunt Roz drive me.

Lunch came slower than ever, and I went to go find Luke and Calum at our usual spot, but stopped dead in my tracks.

There she was. Aleisha.

I goraned loudly at the sight of her sitting on Luke's lap, and I felt the bile rise up in my throat as she brought her lips to his, the scene making me completely drop my tray, spilling juice all my shoes and pants, and a little on my shirt.

I felt the heat rise up to my face the tears brim my eyes with embarressment as I heard the cafeteria roar with laughter, Luke pulling his face away from her's long enough to stare at me, feet away, with shock and remorse on his face.

I wiped angrier at the tears on my face as I ran out of the mess hall, tripping over my own feet and falling face first on the cold hard floor, making everyone laugh even more.

"Riley! Riley, wait!" he called. I shook my head and picked myself up off the floor, walking as fast as I could away from all that mayhem.

I just wish I hadn't let Aliesha see me cry like that.