The Only Reason

"This is my room," I said as I opened up my room door. Sweet baby Jesus,  I said to myself, thanking God that my room was actually clean for once. I peaked at Luke out of the corner of my eye and saw him looking around as if he had never been in an actual girl's room before.Who knows, maybe he hadn't.

"Whoa," He muttered under his breath. I smiled forced a smile. Oh God, please tell me I am not fucking everything up with this boy right now! Obviously he spotted something he didn't like and whatever we were would be over before it began.

"What?" I asked softly, my head still throbbing a little right on my temples.

"Nothing really, just... You honestly like My Chemical Romance?" He asked with a disgusted frown, his eyes glued to one of their posters that I had partically glued to the wall. I secretly sighed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, the first concert I ever went to was an MCR concert. What do you have against them?" I questioned with a smile.

"Personally? I just think they're, I don't know, like, over-doing it, like trying to hard to be punk-rock or something," Luke explained. I felt the corners of my mouth turn into a frown while Luke shrugged.

"Do you wanna sit down?" I asked, quickly changing the subject, I didn't wanna start some type of band war with him. We had been in my room for like 5 minutes and he was just too busy looking around to have any interest in anything else.

He smiled that smile that was starting to make my heart melt. "Sure, thank you." He sat down next to me and put his hand on my back, awfully low. Damn that Luke Smooth-As-Shaved-Legs Hemmings. "How are you feeling?"

"A bit better actually. Sorry about barfing all over-"

"Don't worry about it. It happens, I guess," he replied. I noticed that I could feel his breath on my face, and how if I moved any closer to him our noses would bump straight into each other. I felt as if I would faint, especially I had only kissed one other guy before Luke, and only twice with said-guy. We were almost going steady before we moved. But sitting there with Luke I forgot all about everything. I forgot about my father. My family. Friends. Even Aliesha.

My only thought was when was he finally gonna kiss me. What the hell is he doing, I asked myself.

His lips were soft on mine and when I touched his face he felt very warm, as if he was a little sick or so nervous, blushing so fiercely that he felt hot. I felt one of his hands on my waist and the other on the back of my head. Everything was perfect, at least for those 30 seconds.

"I need to go," he said to me when he pulled away, jittery. He pulled me into a hug and nuzzled his head into my neck and shoulder. I pulled him close to me, so close that I could smell his hair; it was like soap and boy. I just wanted to hold him forever and never let him go.

"You have my lipstick on your mouth," I said airheadedly when he stood. He smirked and tried to wipe it off with his thumb, smearing more than he actually wiped.

"It's fine, I'll get it later," he said awkwardly. "Walk me out?"

I nodded. We were silent down the hall and stairs. "See you tomorrow?"

He grinned. "Yeah, if you're not still sick." I had forgotten all about my first violent act under the influence and almost shuddered at the thought of it.

"Oh. Right. Gotcha." I replied and instantly regretted it. Alright and gotcha?! Could I get any nerdier?

But it seemed to amuse him. "Bye Riley!" And he hugged me again, pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried not to squeeze him too tight. "Bye Luke."