Chapter 7

I run into battle, swinging my sword at anyone who comes into my path. I only have one goal: to kill Jadis. I see her and Peter fighting away from everyone else. She goes to strike him, but I use my sword to block her. She glares at me, but it soon turns into a deadly grin.

"Come to die like your parents?" She taunts.

"No, I came to avenge them." I swing at her, catching her off guard. She quickly recovers, striking back. She swings st my feet, and I only barely manage to jump and avoid losing my legs. When I land, my foot wobbles, causing me to lose my balance for only a split second, but it's enough. Jadis butts my stomach with the hilt of her broken staff, sending me to the ground. She towers above me, lifting her staff to finish me off. I close my eyes, waiting for death, but it doesn't come. Aslan jumps on Jadis, pinning her to he ground. Before she can react, he sinks his teeth into her flesh, killing her. I lay down, letting out a breath of relief. So one lands on me, hugging me tightly. I laugh, knowing it's Lucy. I sit up and we both smile. Peter and Susan join us, sir faces covered in dirt and sweat.

"Where's Edmund?" I ask, looking around. Peter's face pales, and he runs up the hill. Susan, Lucy, and I follow him, stopping when we find Edmund bleeding out on the ground. I drop to my knees next to him, tears running down my cheeks. His breathing slows, his eyes drooping shut. "No, Edmund. Don't leave me. Please." I beg, grabbing his hand. Lucy gasps and grabs a cordial, letting a drop of the liquid pour into her brothers mouth. At first, nothing happens, but then Edmund wakes. Peter pulls him into a hug, and the rest of us join them.

"When are you going to learn to do what you're told?" He asks, him and his siblings laughing. Lucy runs off, healing wounded soldiers with her cordial. I rise to me feet, surveying the battlefield. Hundreds of Narnians lay dead. These were my people, and now most of them are gone, never to return. Someone stands next to me, wrapping me in a hug. I smile, knowing it's Edmund. I lift my head, kissing him lightly.

"I'm glad you're okay." I say.

"I'm glad you're okay." He responds, smiling down at me cheekily. I laugh, resting my head in his shoulder.

~

It's been a week since the battle. Things in Narnia are starting to change, for the good. Peace is slowly starting to arise. There won't be peace everywhere, that will take time, but at least there is some. Today is coronation day for the Pevensie's and I. My lady in waiting, Heidi, helps me get ready. I change into a lavender dress that is tight at the top, but flows out at my waist. The top half of my hair is braided and pinned back, the rest falls down in curls. A knock on my door signals the ceremony is beginning. I exit my room, meeting the Pevensie's at the end of the hall. Together we walk to the ballroom. Five thrones sit on a slightly elevated platform. Lucy and Edmund make their way to the thrones on the end, Peter and Susan take the two beside them, leaving me in the middle. Aslan steps in front of us, looking out toward the crowd.

"To the glistening eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant." Aslan says as Mr Tumnus places Lucy's crown on her head, giving her a smile. "To the great western woods, King Edmund, the Just. To the radiant southern sun, Queen Susan, the gentle. To the clear northern skies, King Peter, the Magnificent. And to all of Narnia, Queen Amara, the Hope. Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen."

"Long live Queen Amara! Long live King Peter! Long live Queen Susan! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Lucy!" The people cheer. After our coronation is the ball. The Narnians dance to the music, smiles on all of their faces. Lucy had dragged me to the floor an hour ago, claiming I just had to dance with her. I laugh as we spin, my head slightly dizzy. Someone from behind us clears their throat, informing us of their presence. Turning around, I blush as Edmund holds his hand out for me.

"May I have this dance?" He politely asks. I giggle and take his hand. I rest a hand on his shoulder, the other in his hand as his other arm wraps around my waist. We dance for a couple songs, but stop when our feet begin to hurt. I lead Edmund to a quieter area. "What're we doing over here?"

"Just needed a break. Being around everyone for so long becomes tiring." He laughs, drawing me to him. He leans down and kisses me, our lips moving together perfectly. The sound of fireworks separates us. I laugh and rest my head on Edmunds chest, watching the display.

We may have lost tons of narnians, but Jadis is gone. For now, everything is okay. For now, everything is perfect.

Only about two more chapter til the end of this book. Thanks for reading! I hope you guys liked it! Don't be afraid to comment.