Request💕

For Ice_Queenie
I hope you like it😁
And I'm so sorry I didn't update it sooner
Request(in a nutshell) : The character has ice powers from the particle accelerator explosion, she is shy, insecure. Goes to childhood friend (Barry) after having a mental breakdown.

Y/N P.O.V

    I walked into Star Labs to be greeted by Caitlin and Cisco, as usual.
   "Hey, Y/N!" Cisco cheerfully grinned.
    "Hi." I meekly replied, my shyness taking over as it was only around a month I'd been here and I was still trying to get comfortable.
    "Still uncomfortable?" Caitlin asked sincerely, not trying to sound rude.
    "Yeah. Just... not used to it yet I guess." I replied.
      "Well, maybe I could change that" Barry said, coming up to me, picking me up and spinning me around. I giggled a little, as it was funny, but mostly because I liked Barry, as more than a friend. I've known him for so long, since we were just little kids and he's been there for me for everything. All my insecurities, my shyness everything. And I was there for him when his mother got murdered and his dad was sent to jail.
    "Now there's that smile I love" He said breaking me out of my thoughts. "So, what are we doing today you guys?" Barry was awful cheery and getting loud if I'm honest.
"Well, we want to test a little and see what y/n can do and how well she can control it." Caitlin answered. My stomach dropped. I had never really used my ice powers and I was scared to try. I didn't want to hurt anyone. What if something went wrong? What if I embarrass myself? What if I did hurt someone? Would they be okay? My mind was racing, and Barry must have noticed as he wrapped an arm around me and whispered that everything would be okay, I'd do fine, and that he believed in me. All his actions making my heart flutter, but my brain still wasn't quite cleared.

After a while of testing some things out, and learning I could make ice paths in front of each of my steps, and almost baseball sized ice-balls (as Cisco calls them) they wanted to see what I could do. I did as they said and make the ball of ice and kept it in my hands. They said to try to throw it to the wall and see what happens, but as soon as it left my hands, it liquified into a puddle on the floor.
"Put your focus on keeping it a ball of ice until it hits the target" Caitlin suggested.
I did as she said, putting all my focus onto the ice, just as I was about to throw it Mr.West came through the door, startling me making me throw the ball at him. Although this time the ball stayed ice. I was frozen in place, waiting for the impact to him, until a red streak came and pushed him out of the way. Barry. I thought.
"What was that!?" Mr.West asked in shock.
"Umm...  that was y/n" Barry quietly spoke.
"I-I'm so sorry. Y... you startled me and.. I-it just happened I didn't mean for it. I'm sorry" I couldn't handle it. I ran out of the lab and slid down a wall in the front. My mind was even more clustered than from earlier.
See what you've done now?
For all you know you could've killed him!
Barry had to save him from another one of your stupid mistakes.
Does Barry always have to save you?
He could never like me back...
"Y/n??" I heard his voice ask as he sat next to me against the wall, "What's gotten you so shaken up? It was just a mistake we all understand that"
"I can't handle it Barry. I wasn't meant to have these powers. It should be some one who can handle it. I can't Barry I just can't" I put my head in my hands and cried. It had all been bottled up inside I finally let it all out, my mind was breaking down and I just couldn't handle it anymore.
"Hey, don't say that. You were the one who got these powers, so it was obviously meant to be you. You can handle them I know you can. It takes time, but you'll pull through." He said while lifting my head to look at him. The words were taken from, and I had nothing to say. We just say looking into each other's eyes before he slowly leaned in, connecting our lips. Once we pulled away he look flustered.
"I-I'm sorry I don't know what that was I guess.. I just.. listen y/n I've liked you for such a long time. As more than a friend. I just didn't know how to tell you because I didn't think you'd feel the same way and now-" I cut him off by pulling him in and kissing him again.
"Barry I felt the same way. I like as more than a friend."
"Then, I don't want to rush thing but I think we've been friends long enough for me to ask. Y/n will you be my girlfriend?"
"Of course I will"
He went to pull me into another kiss but we got interrupted.
"Awww how cute. Now stop kissing we need to run more tests" Cisco complained, with Caitlin standing next to him.
"We'll meet you guys inside" she politely said pulling Cisco roughly.
"Race ya" Barry said before speeding off.
"No fair!!" I yelled after him.