03

Chapter 3 ~ Staring? More like Bruising  

  ● ● ● 

Miyuki's POV 

Great, just great. I have embarrassed myself infront of Satoshi and exposed my awkwardness to him. That's another medal earned for Best Socially Awkward Person. Yay for me......NOT!

As I  settle in my seat, and the teacher hands out the work. I noticed that  Satoshi is playing some sort of staring game with me. I only look at him when he's not paying attention at the corner of my eye to see what his curious pupils are doing. As I begin the longest stare of my life, I take in his body shape being thin, wrists and legs are also fine, his hair being brown with blondish streaks and back being flat and smooth. Don't get me wrong, I don't like him, let's just say we're acquaintances, not even.

As he begins to turn around, I whoosh my head back down to my paper and slam my forehead onto the table making a loud thump. OUCH, I cry in my head. I gave the whole class a fright. They all laughed a little. It's not funny, do you know how many blood cells just died?! Satoshi glanced at me and giggled. I bet he found it funny and cute. But I didn't, I had a blueish redish bruise on my head. Great.

When the bell went off for period 2, I head straight for the next class, not worrying about Satoshi. I was the first out of the room, pretty good for a non athletic person. "Hey wait up!", he yells. "You ok, your forehead looks kinda bruised.", he says as he cups one hand on my left cheek and gently touches my bruise. 

"Ouch!", I exclaim as I free myself from his hands. 

He looks at me in the eye with concern, "I'll get you some ice from the office. Tell miss that I'll be late for 2 minutes. Count on it." 

"Wait!!", I yell. But he's gone already. "I can get the ice myself..", as my voice dies away. I walk to period 2's class as quickly as possible, not running this time, so that I can dibs a seat, being the furthest chair from the teacher of course.

"Miyuki!" a familar voice shouts, "Here's your ice. It's a little melted though."

"Thanks" I reply as I take the ice from his hand and place it on my forehead. It was freexing but it was soothing and the pain slowly faded away.

"Let's go now." he says as he walks in front of me. I look at him. And wonder to myself, why is he doing this for me? 

Too many questions to answer all in just one day. Let's not over think it Miyuki. Just stay away from him tomorrow and everything will be normal.

  ● ● ●