04

● ● ●   

Chapter 4 ~ Homework and Him...again

 Miyuki's POV  

After school, I decide to stay in the library to do some homework and try finish it before I get home to my two living monsters. Again, another excuse for being away from them. At least they let me stay for an hour after school, but if I arrive later, I might as well go hang myself on a tree. Their lectures are extremely long, loud and annoying! 

Placing my belongings on a table away from everyone else, I internally laugh at myself because I'm basically like Tasmania in comparison to Australia, isolated. I pull out a maths text book and write down all sorts of equations from basic arithmetic to logarithmic and exponential functions. 

Completing the first 10 questions, I think to myself about what happened. How much can happen in a single day to a girl who is socially awkward. I thought I could conceal my identity, but I have obviously failed to do that. Anyways, I continue some more questions when I hear a boy talking. "I'd like to return this please." 

"Ahh  back again Satoshi, another thick book." the librarian says as she scans the bar code. "Hmm, you borrowed this yesterday morning. Didn't like it?" So the boy's name was Satoshi! Crap gotta hide myself. I open my maths textbook in half and buried my head into it.

"Oh no no no," he says, "I loved it. Very informal yet still interesting and pleasing to read. I finished it already."

"Oh wow, ok. Should of known. So you want to borrow this one?" the librarian points to another thick book as she places the old one inside the return box.

"Yes, this one." Satoshi replies. The librarian scans the bar code and gives the book to him. "Thank you!" he says taking the book whilst reading the blurb. 

"No problem, see you soon." the librarian smiles and he smiles back knowing that it won't be long before he comes back.

Somehow, my head ends up poking out of my maths book and Satoshi has to have his eyes wondering off into my direction. Now for the worst part. Both pair of eyes manage to meet. I stare at him for a split second, enough to recognise eachother's presence. I quickly look back into my textbook. Not paying attention, he drags a wheely chair towards my table. "Hey, I didn't know you stay after to school in the library." Satoshi says as he positions his chair right next to mine. "So, what are you doing?" he questions.

"Umm," I begin, "I'm just doing some maths homework."I continue writing out my equation as he leans towards my work and spectates. I get a little uncomfortable after a while, being only 10 seconds, so I shift my body ever so gently away from him. He begins to read his new book while I continue.

After a peaceful 20 minutes of silence, I look at the clock and it's almost time for me to go home. I start packing my stuff without saying a word. "Hey, going so soon?" Satoshi questions, as he slips a bookmark inside the book. Not surprised but, he's a quarter way through already. 

"I'm going home. Umm bye." I wave a little and head out the doors speedily.

"Wait!" he yells whilst running towards me. Ughhh here we go again I think to myself. "Can I come with you?" 

I desperately want to say no, but the word slips out of my mouth too quickly, "Sure..." 

Satoshi catches up to me and I can hear his soft panting as he speaks, "So you live close to the school right?" I nod whilst my fingers are twirling a strand of hair. "Do you wanna walk together morning together like we did today?", he questions as he stares at me, but I shoot my head straight down before we make direct eye contact.

"Umm...", I mumble, "Sure." Arghhhhh! What was I thinking?! I'm basically going to repeat what happened this morning again. He smiles and I look up at him and smile. His warming facial expressions seem to make my stomach flutter and it sends a shrivel up my spine. It's comforting in a pleasant way, but then I switch back to reality. I turn my head back down and continue walking. 

After 5 minutes, Satoshi begins to cough. Coughing very simultaneously. His throat seems dry and coarse as he continues wheezing as he struggles for air. He cups one hand against his mouth before I ask him in concern, "Are you ok?" 

Clearly not. 

His coughing is as if he's dying and I still have the guts to ask him that question. "I'm, I-, I'm f-f-fine." Satoshi mumbles pleading  for air. I can barely pick up the words he's saying due to his brittle coughing. "I'll b-be g-g-going." His voice is coarse but he runs off to who knows where. 

"Wait!" I yell, "Do you want any help?" He shakes his head and continues to make a bigger distance from me. Well at least I can walk myself home, but why was he coughing so repeatedly? Anyways let's not over think things. I make my way home as per usual. 

Satoshi's POV  

I continue coughing as I run, probably not such a good idea. I manage to find a safe place where I can sit down. My throat is sore and it's strenuous to breathe. I quickly reach into my pocket where I pull out a small bottle of pills. I twist the cap open and poor out 2 tablets and noticed that specks of blood are on my hand. I chug the tablets down with water and immediately feel relieved as the liquid has moistened my parched throat. I rinse my hand with the water from my bottle and casually walked home as if nothing had happened.

      ● ● ●