04 | Posing Under Fairy Lights

"Yeah, to the right a bit." The photographer looked up from his camera and pinched his fingers together to signal that he needed me to inch a little closer to Summer.

I patted down at my shirt and straightened up next to a very picture-perfect Summer. I gave off a genuine smile, baring my pearly whites, and looked up to the fairy lights just like Summer was doing.

I was wearing some boyfriend jeans that were frayed at the ends and cut at the knees. Paired with the baby blue cashmere jumper and white leather sneakers were some simple accessories. From rose gold stud earrings to a matching choker on my neck, the whole outfit was surprisingly comfy. The typical but stylish choice that should be stuffed somewhere in every teenage girl's closet.

On the other hand, Summer wore some white leggings clad with a grey turtleneck sweater. On top, she sported a camo anorak that accentuated the colors making her look very chic and dressy.

The whole line seriously caught the apple of my eye, and I secretly wished I could load the whole Forever 21 store into the back of a car and drive off into the horizon. Just me, myself, and a stockpile of trendy clothes that could last a lifetime without a single need to visit the dry cleaner's. Well I will sure have to visit the police station instead. Because I sure as hell won't be able to afford a whole Forever 21 store.

After a whirlwind of posing here and there in outfits that seemed to get even cooler by the second, the photoshoot was coming to an end. The sun was at the peak of delving into the ocean and disappearing into oblivion.

"Okay, one last shot and we'll call this a wrap." Alfonso called out, his fingers stroking at the stubble on his chin.

"We're doing great, I assume?" Summer nonchalantly asked as she eased her back from the stiff pose she was striking.

"You girls are doing just fabulous." He clicked his fingers in the air and cracked a grin, "I need you to move in front of that wall where the graffiti wings are when you're done changing. We'll take individual shots first, then one with both of you standing aside. We'll see how that works."

I averted my gaze to where he was pointing, only to have my eyes be greeted by the most beautiful set of colorful wings etched onto the wall. It definitely looked like it was copy-pasted out of a Tumblr website.

Summer and I headed off to the tent to have our outfits changed for the last time. This one last shot, and we can call it quits.

...

After wrapping up the photo-shoot, I changed back into the clothes I was originally wearing, gathered my things, and readied myself to leave.

I ducked out of the tent, and headed in Alfonso's direction. Summer had already beat me to it and changed, and she was already standing next to him and the crew, exchanging a few chit-chats.

"Alright guys, I guess our time has come to an end." I caught their attention, and they glanced back at me.

"North, honey, before you leave, I wanted to tell you that you did absolutely fascinating today. At first, I didn't think you'd be this good. But looking back at the shots we took today, I changed my mind. You SLAYED it! And our dear Summer did too, of course." Alfonso looked at me with kind eyes, and let out a small chuckle that made the corner of his eyes crinkle.

"Alfonso, it's okay I won't feel offended at all if you give all the credit to North. That's because she deserves it. She's a freaking natural, for god's sake." Summer laughed and propped herself onto Alfonso's shoulder.