Chapter 17

Hey guys, i would just like to quickly dedicate this chapter to: @lozzakate1 for the brilliant idea for this chapter. Thankyou so much and please, go follow her.
-------------------

KATNISS' POV....

"Where....where am i?" i ask to nobody in-particular. "Hello?" There is a moment of silence before i hear a reply.

"Katniss my dear, oh how lovely it is to see you honey..."

"What? Dad? Where are you? I can't see you! It's pitch black!" i scream afraid.

"It's fine, your safe with me." he whispers from behind me, into my ear.

Instantly, i turn around and feel for him, but in return, only feel through the cold dark air.

"Where are you? Please?" i beg, wanting to see my father.

"Katniss follow me...." he whispers again.

"Ok" i sulk.

I follow his light footsteps and they guide a blind path, for my sensitive ears.

"Where are we going? Where are you taking me?" i ask curiously. But, i guess curiosity killed the cat.

"Katniss! Katniss it's ok! Katniss please......" screams someone.

"Stop it's ok i am ok," i mumble.

"Katniss, it's a dream, your safe. Your ok!" they reassure me.

"STOP! STOP PLEASE!" I scream.

I wake up suddenly, only to come head first with Peeta. The collision with our heads as i rushed up, sends him flying back onto the ground. I wait for a response as i rush over and glance down at Peeta.

"Owwchhh.....the gurls got a hard head!" He whines rubbing his forehead.

I blush. I open my mouth to talk but no words come out, so instead I sit up looking at my surroundings to find i am back at home in my living room. What? How did i get here? And why is Peeta in my house?

I turn my head to the left to find some man slumped over the kitchen bench sitting on a stool. He is sobbing and the bench is filled with used tissues.

"P...peeta? Peeta?" i ask. Weird....for some reason the only word i can say is peeta??!!

Peeta comes up behind me rubbing his head.

"No Katniss, Finnick. That is Finnick. I am Peeta." he whispers. Who is Finnick?

I look over my shoulder at Peeta and see he has a lump forming on his forehead i gasp as go to stand up, but i am pushed back down by bigger and stronger hands.

"No Katniss, you need to rest. Lay down."

I shake no head, and try to push through his strong grasp. But fail. He is defiantly way too strong for me.

I give up and lay back down. He stands up and eyes me, making sure i don't move. But....if he leaves the room he can't watch me.

I too watch him as he heads to the toilet. And as soon as he has shut and locked the door, i jump up and run to the freezer.

I grab out an ice pack and wrap it up in a towel. Someone is still crying loudly, so he doesn't see me.

Quietly, i walk back to the couch, and when Peeta comes back out i try to avoid his gaze, knowing that if he sees me smiling, he will know i has been up.

He kneels by my side and studies the side of my face. He grows small creases on his face and he thens looks over at Finnick. Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

That's the question i have been wondering. Why am i here? Why is Peeta in my house? Why is Finnick crying? Why? What happened? arghhh!!!

I forget about all those questions, and look back at Peeta. And i smile.

At first he questions it, but then sighs knowingly. I hold up the ice pack and had it to him. He doesn't take it, so i place it on his head.

He thanks me and sits on the couch. He turns on the T.V. and rests his eyes.

I just sit there trying to remember what had happened the day before. When i can't remember i just try to forget.

Anyway, i am hungry.

I get up and walk to the kitchen. I open the cupboard to find nothin of my interests there.

I walk over to the fridge and my head starts to thump heavily. My hands get hacking and my eye sight goes wobbly.

"PEETAAAAA!!!" i manage to scream out before i fall to a heap on the ground. I try to get up but am too weak. Its like an imaginary person is holding me down.

I hear loud footsteps and someone comes crashing into the kitchen.

"KATNISS!" He yells.

He picks me up and takes me back to the couch.

"PEETA?! PEETA HELP?!" I scream out suddenly finding my words again.

"PLEASE PEETA COME HELP ME!" I scream.

"SHHHH SHHH KATNISS IT'S OK. I am not gonna hurt you again, i promise. I am trying to help you." he hushes me.

Peeta comes rushing to my side and pulls Finnick away from me.

"KATNISS, Katniss. It's fine. He's ok. It's only Finnick." he clams me. Finnick?

I sorta remember the name, but it feels like i don't.

Finnick starts sobbing loudly again.

"Peeta, it's ok. She hates me. I get it. I mean, look what i did to her." did to who? Me?

My head is still throbbing and i bring my hand up to feel it and Peeta's hand swoops in to stop me.

I swat his hand away and feel my face.

The side of my face feels all hard and falls apart in my hand.

I bring it down to my eyes, and see dried blood covering my hand.

"Katniss, its ok." whispers Peeta.

Then suddenly, all my memories come back.

Taking Finnick to the hospital. Told i was pregnant. Me being in hospital. Sneaking out. and finally Peeta and Finnick fighting, and me taking a beating to the face. I remember feeling the burning pain on my face.

Finnick....FINNICK!!! I REMEMBER! HE WAS THE ONE WHO PUNCHED ME!

A look of shock must have of snuck up onto my face, because Peeta comforts me.

I push him aside and walk up to Finnick.

I hug him and at first he is not sure, but then hugs back.

He sobs loud into my shoulder whilst stroking my hair.

"Katniss....Katnis...katniss, i, i am sorry." he says in between sobs.

"Shhh Finnick its ok." i whisper.
---------------------------------------------
Hey guys.

Sorry it was a REALLY dodgy ending and a REALLY short chapter sorry.

The reason it is so short is because i have had a bit if homework lately and after school activity things. I have also got my year 8 camp to Errappa. I have had to pack and stuff so sorry. Also that is why it is such a quick update and is so short, because i may not be able to update for a while.

Thankyou guys so much for reading, and i love you XD. Also please comment your ideas for next chapters. I promise i do read all of them, and if you come up with an idea i want to use, i will dedicate that chapter to you.....

Jazlyn xxx <3