Chapter 4 - 'Times like these call for desperate measures.'

I walked into the house and went up to the guestroom. I put the boxes I was holding down and jumped on the bed.

"Good old memories," I drifted off into a sleep as I snuggled into the warm furry blanket.

-

I had a way then losing it all on my own

I had a heart then but the queen has been overthrown

And I'm not sleeping now, the dark is too hard to beat

And I'm not keeping now the strength I need to push me

You show the lights that stop me turn to stone

You shine it when I'm alone

And so I tell myself that I'll be strong

And dreaming when they're gone

Ellie Goulding's song 'Lights' came from my phone.

"Stupid alarm!" I turned it off and rested my head on my pillow.

"Gracie get up!" Brady barged in my room, I threw my pillow at his face.

"Go fuck yourself," I said as I pulled my blanket over my head.

"I guess I'll just get a bucket of icy cold water." He wouldn't even dare!

"You don't have the guts!"

"Try me,"

"Please I know you won't do it." I drifted back to sleep as Brady walked out the room.

-

"I warned you!" I heard Brady yell.

"Go aw-"

"AHHHHH!" I screamed loudly, I jumped out the bed and clenched my fist.

Icey cold water dripped from my body, I grabbed Brady's shirt and pulled him down to my height.

"Listen her you fucking douche! Unless you wanna get pimp slapped I suggest you get me a warm shower ready and some dry clothes in two minutes. Starting now!" I kicked him in his ass as he scurried off.

I started taking off my soaking wet clothes and stared at my back in the mirror. It had a scar that went diagnal from my shoulder to lower back.

"What happened to your back?" There stood Brady at the door staring at my scar.

"Oh.. um nothing," I wrapped my towel around me and went to the bathroom, it was too emotional to talk about it.

I got in the shower and quickly washed my body and hair, then I wrapped a towel around me and my hair.

After I applied my makeup I walked back to my room and saw my clothes on the bed.

Brady picked out black ripped jeans with a muscle tank, leather jacket and beanie.

I put my clothes on and walked down the long wooden stairs.

At the breakfast bar sat Brady, Marly, and Melissa. While Claire was in the kitchen cooking up some breakfast.

"Gracie!" The twins ran over to me, aw I missed the little red heads!

Brady turned torwards me with an unknown expression, I pryed my gaze away from him and looked at Claire.

"Watcha cookin claire?" She looked up and grinned.

"Chocolate filled pancakes with cheesey eggs and apple juice." I nearly melted on the spot.

Claire makes the best chocolate filled pancakes! She actually melts the chocolate from hersheys and uses it as the filling.

"Enough said I don't want to drool over here." I put my hand over my mouth to prevent it.

There was an empty seat next to Brady so I decided to sit in it.

"Are you going to tell me about that scar?" I tensed up at the fact that he asked me about the scar.

"I-I don't have the strength to tell you, I feel as though I would break." And it was all true, I had too many emotions right now held up inside me and I'm afraid that if I tell them they would come pouring out.

"Well if you ever want to tell me I'm always here."

He's always here!? BULLSHIT!

"You are such a liar! You weren't here when I told you I was pregnant, so why are you telling me this now!?" He is so confusing, I don't know what he's thinking about or what his decisison is.

I got up from the table and ran to my room, I locked the door and jumped on my bed.

"Times like these call for desperate measures." I pulled out my diary and my secret stash of chocolate and began writing.

-

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of the door creaking open.

Strange I thought I locked the door and I don't remember falling asleep.

My eyes were still closed, but I heard footsteps come forward.

"I don't know what to do, I'm afraid of being a father. However I don't want to abandon the baby." It was Brady, he whispered those words in my ear as he touched my cheek.

"Why?" I whispered, then sat up. A shocked expression registared on his face, then he looked down.

"I-I'm afraid to be a failure as her father." He lifted my shirt and rubbed my stomach. He kissed me all over until he reached my lips.

"Stay with me," I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him down. He now layed on top of me as we were hugging and kissing.

As he kissed and hugged me I started to feel this deep, hidden connection.

"Hey can you come with me to my ultra sound next weekend?" He grinned and nodded.

"Anything for my girl."

*******************************

Well I'm officially moving next Monday. Which I'm not happy about.

I feel so discombobulated, that's right I'm using my big girl words!... Well actually I learned that off of Word Girl, but don't tell anyone!

But anyways things have me kind of hectic so please pardon my late updates if you don't think they come fast enough.

This A/N is not over yet! I wanted to say that the next update will be in a week or less.

<3 India <3