Ren After End

** Warning. Please read this chapter with caution since it does contain vivid and possibly even explicit actions. This may also trigger unpleasant memories to some readers, but please remember this content is exactly what this book is about. Thank you and please enjoy. **

     I was blessed.

     Truly, utterly blessed.

     I always woke up in the mornings with the sun in my eyes. The morning rays shone through the silk curtains and a soft breeze caressed my face. Slowly, I blinked my eyes awake and sat up to wake myself up. I lay alone in the sheets and wait for my tired eyes to adjust to the light. Recently, all I've wanted to do is eat and sleep, repeat. Even now, I feel like all my energy is being drained from me. 

     It always took me a short while to get myself onto my feet. It's been a long time since I've been able to walk. I'm not able to walk freely like I used to, I'm only now able to use a cane at the very most.  After reaching for the wooden stick, I used it as leverage to bring me to my feet, grunting as I did. It stung for a little but it usually went away after I started walking for a bit.

     Slowly, I made my way to the door and used my free hand to twist the knob. As soon as I was open to the hallway, I heard music. The keys of the piano. Hearing the instrument caused me to expect beautiful music from Ren out of habit. However, the more I walked towards the sound, I realized that it was not Ren playing at all.

      Curiosity only struck me for a second before I knew who it was. Eventually, I made it to the living room and the sounds of the piano filled my ears. Lets be honest. It was no where near Ren's skill. However, it was just good enough to enjoy. The music was coming from the great, black piano in the living room. I took a seat down on the couch, groaning as I lowered myself down.

     My noise caught the attention of Ren who sat down at the piano stool. He gave me a quick smile before lowering his eyes down to the child beside him. He had dark hair and was dressed in a long sleeve black shirt and jeans. He was very young, two years old to be exact and he was playing the piano at age eight skill.

     I nodded my head to the beat of the melody and I felt myself drifting off until I felt a cramp. I hissed slightly as I waited for the pain to pass by. Ren heard me and looked over at me with a worried expression. I could see that he was about to get up from the stool and come over here, but I shook my head and waved him back. Ren was hesitant, but he eventually sat back down on the stool. 

     The child was nearly done with the song and he was finishing strong. The soft rhythm eased my nerves, so it helped with the cramps that I had to endure. However, just before I was about to relax, the boy playing the piano had ended the song by pressing down on the lowest keys. It caused my body to jolt and I gasped in surprise. The child and even Ren began to laugh. "Levi," I groaned out the child's name and leaned back as far as I could into the couch so I could relax my frightened heart. With my eyes half closed, I saw Ren ruffle up Levi's hair and whisper encouragement before coming over to me.

     Ren sat beside me and took up one of my hands and kissed it softly. "Good morning, my muse," Ren had greeted me. I opened my eyes and turned my head towards him. He had a soft smile on his face. The same smile he always had when he missed me and he was happy to see me. It was a smile that I couldn't help but return. "Good morning. Levi has gotten so much better," I commented once Levi started to play once more. Ren chuckled when he followed my eyes back to the piano. "Yeah, I guess you're right. He has natural talent," Ren replied. He then leaned in closer to my ear and chuckled. "After all, we did make him there."

     The last remark had sent chills down my spine. My body froze up and I watched as Levi focused on the keys in front of him. My mind quickly drifted off to that night two years ago. The day when Ren had captured me and taken me here. I was still immobilized on the piano. All I could do was look at Ren and listen to the sweet piano. It was when Ren realized my vulnerability, he took full advantage of it.