2.9

Jack stood next to Carl, both enjoying the quiet. Jack turned his head and saw Enid walking to Carl. The tatted man grinned as he held up a flat rock before chucking it to the surface of the water, letting it skip. Carl glared at him and scoffed making Jack scrunch his face in confusion.

"What? Let me have a bit of fun. Who knows what could happen here kid. Who knows."

The door clanged and David looked at Negan who stood by the doorway with an angry expression.
"David! What the hell are you doing in here?"
David turned to Negan, scared, scared of the consequences he would have to endure.
"Negan, sir --," the man stuttered as he saw Negan grip onto the barbed bat.

"Do you really think I need you to answer that? I can see that you're trying to rape this woman," He stepped closer to David. So close he could hear David's heavy breathing. Amelie quietly walked into the room and watched the men. Negan continued his speech.

"You were trying to rape this woman, weren't you? This is some unacceptable behavior. Rape is against the rules here. I wouldn't wanna be somewhere where it wasn't. Someone in charge who let something like that fly Whew David. You really crossed a line here."

The man looked like he was going to cry and Amelie grinned with amoral. David didn't know how to respond. "I'm sorry, sir," he apologized, and he meant it.

"You know what? I do not accept your apology."
Amelie brought out the purple gun and shot David in the gut, his body made a loud thud on the cold ground. Negan sighed and whistled to Amelie, she continued to stare at the blubbering body of David.

"Hey! Get, uh Sasha. That is a beautiful name. Get Sasha here a new T-shirt," he gave Sasha a small smile with faux empathy. Amelie gave Sasha and old shirt. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Sorry 'bout the rope, too. Probably overkill, but you did cause one hell of a fracas last night. Oh, I remember you. You were there."

Negan clicks tongue twice as he looked at the woman before it hit him.

"Oh, hell. I get it now. I got to hand it to you. You've got some beach-ball-sized lady nuts on you, coming in all kamikaze like that. Big question here, and I need the truth on this one -- Did Rick put you up to this?"

"Rick? Your bitch? No."

Negan chuckles at the woman and Amelie laughed with cheer. "Either way, you must've thought it was gonna be the end, coming in on your lonesome like that. But that's not the way it's got to go. Unh-unh. Just the opposite. See, this Well, this could be the beginning," he taps Lucille lightly and sighs. Amelie gives a knife to Sasha.

"This knife is yours now. You can try to use it, take me out, but considering I am standing above you, holding a baseball bat, doesn't seem real smart. Now, you can use it to slit your wrists, which would be a damn shame, but I get it. You're obviously not on the shiny side of the street, given recent events. Now, you can sit there and do nothin', wait for ol' David to come back to life and eat your face, also a damn shame and kinda nuts, but to each their own. Or you can use that blade and stop ol' Rapey Davey from becoming Dead-Alive Rapey Davey, save yourself. I know I would."

She twirled her bat. "I'm a man short. Hell, you can't really call this piece of shit a man, but still, I'm short, and you got those beach-ball-sized lady nuts, and I wanna harness the heat comin' off of 'em. You can help me run this place one day, all of us together, following the rules, workin' on the same side of things. That's all this was ever about. And it still can be for you. I know it's hard to picture, considering what I did. But, Sasha, we all got shit to get over. Take some time. Think about it. Whatever you decide, so it shall be. No pressure. And, again, I am sorry you had to see that, even though I know you have seen some things. I just want you to understand we are not monsters."

The door closed and the lock engaged. Amelie's laugh could be heard as it covered the scraping of the mallet on the grey floor.