Chapter 2

You were happy. Relatives surrounded you. A family reunion. You loved your family and your family loved you.

"(Y/N) darling, (favorite food) is ready!" Your mom called. You jumped with joy! You loved (favorite food) since you were a kid.

"Coming Ma!"

You run to the kitchen. Cousins, Ants, Uncles all throughout the house. "Say (Y/N), (favorite cousin name) is outside in the back, you should go see (him/her)!" Your dad stated. You quickly finish your food and rush outside. You see (F/C/N) motioning for you to follow (him/her).

You both run into the forest. "I have something amazing to show you! It's magical!" (F/C/N) huffed.

"You don't think you could have greeted me before we go plunging into the forest? It's 9:00 pm and it's dark, we could get in huge trouble!" you spoke. You both ran for a good 5 minutes.

(F/C/N) stops. (he/she) walks to a giant tree. (he/she) touches the tree in a specific pattern. "What are you doing????" (F/C/N) motions for you to shut up. (he/she) finish the pattern and leaves from the tree start to fall. Forming a portal in front of the giant tree.

"I found it, I was trying to carve something stupid into it. The bark is too strong so I kept touching the tree in the process and this happened." You were utterly confused. What was (he/she) doing in the middle of the forest? You slowly walk closer to the portal. Careful not to fall in. You see what looks like to be... fabric? Everything you see in the portal is made out of fabric. Like puppet scenery. You grab a stick and poke it into the portal. The half that is in the portal turns into fabric. A fabric stick. Mostly like a prop.

You dropped the entire stick in. The whole stick turns into fabric while falling into the fake grass. you quickly back away. Your cousin decided to ask, "Should we go in?" You look a your cousin. Your face expressed that (he/she) have said something stupid.

"To hell with that! I'm not going in!"

"Why?"

You stood up. "I don't wanna be turned into a puppet! I have a family and so do you! Come on we are leaving."

Your cousin became angry. "I came all the way down here in hope that you would jump into the portal with me, but looks like I have to go by myself."

You had little time to react. Your cousin jumped into the portal. (His/Her) entire body turns into a puppet. You peek down into portal. Hoping that they aren't dead. You sigh in relief as (he/she) stands up. "See? Nothing bad happened! I'm perfectly fine!" You couldn't respond. The portal was closing fast. All the leaves attach themselves back onto the tree like it never happened.

You started to panic. You didn't know the pattern. Nor did you know how you would save your cousin. You start to run out of the forest. Back home for help. Your mind was rushing with dread. You didn't even know that you had left the tree unmarked. Nothing to odd it out. Standing as motionless as the others. A tall, big, leafy tree.