Chapter 3

You return home only to see police cars and your mom crying while talking to a policeman.

"Ma'm in order for us to find your (son/daughter) please give us a picture of (him/her) or describe (him/her) to me." Your mom takes out her phone and shows the policeman a picture of you. 

"(he/she) was my baby!" Your mom sobs hard.

 "Ok Ma'm, who was the other person with your (son/daughter)?"

 Your mom looks up. "(favorite cousin's first and last name). (he/she) is (Y/N)'s favorite cousin. (Y/N) went outside with (F/C/N) and... and.... They just DISAPPEARED." Your mom started crying a river.

You start to question yourself.

Since the police is here then maybe I could save (F/C/N)? No.... They might think I'm lying or just stupid. They're no help. 

You quickly ran into the house. All of your relatives went on a search party to find you. 

Red cups, beer bottles, paper plates, and napkins littered the floor. Why can't people EVER clean up after themselves? Especially in another person's house! 

You sigh as you run upstairs to your room. You grab your phone and a backpack. This backpack is not a regular backpack. It was designed to carry multiple items but feel as if you are carrying nothing. You pack some clothes, 4 water bottles, snacks, a phone charger, a pocket knife, 3 pairs of comfortable running shoes, a small blanket, and a lighter. 

You slowly make your way to your basement and grabbed your bike. You pull it up the stairs making as little noise as possible. If you got caught then it's over. You won't be able to save your cousin, you won't be able to go anywhere on your own, and you will get a 3 hour lecture from your parents. You steer it to the backdoor. You look outside for a bit. Making sure the coast is clear. You open the door and ride into the forest but not too deep. 

You pull out your phone and call (Best friend name). (he/she) answers. 

"Hello? (Y/N) do you know what time it is? It's 11:37 pm. Nearly midnight, why are you calling me?" You explained your story. "What? A portal? (Y/N)... Are you high? It's so late I can't even think right now." You look at your phone with an angry expression. 

"I'm not high! I'm serious, please dude. Just go to the cabin."

 (B/F/N) groans. "Alright, my parents are asleep anyway. I'll pack some food and water and some clothes." You smile at that statement. You hop back onto your bike and ride off to the cabin.

The cabin is a wooden little house that you and (B/F/N) claimed when you were younger. The construction workers who built the cabin had disappeared before they could paint it. The cabin was perfectly fine. Had a heater, working stove, flushing toilets, working clean water, and electricity. Only you and (B/F/N) knew about the cabin. Eventually you both saved up money and bought some furniture. A couch, 5 small refrigerators that are filled with food, a lamp, a table and some chairs. Your brought extra food just to have with you.

You sit on the couch and wait for (B/F/N) to come. You hear some keys jingle and the front door unlock. (B/F/N) stood there. (he/she) walks in and closes the door and locks it. (he/she) walks over to you. (he/she) groans. "You seem so tired," You said. "We'll just rest until the morning, then we'll talk." You see a faint smile form on (B/F/N)'s face as (he/she) lays down on the couch and closes (his/her) eyes. You take your blanket from your backpack and lay it on both of you. You shut your eyes in hope to find out the mysteries of the portal and find (F/C/N).