Ch. 1

"Dakota let's go skating with Kyle and Luke!" My best friend, Tracy, yelled through the phone. She had a thing for Kyle and always wanted me to tag along. I didn't mind since Luke was really cute.

"Okay I'll ask Luke!" I yelled back.

"Okay. I'll let you know what Kyle says." Tracy said normally and hung up. I scrolled through my contacts until I found Luke's number.

"Hello?" He answered after the second ring.

"Hey Luke." I said.

"Oh hey Dakota. What's up?" Luke asked and I could hear his dog barking in the background. "Molly shut up."

"Well I was talking to Tracy and she wants to go skating with you and Kyle. She's asking him if he wants to go right now." I said.

"Sure I would love to. And I think I should tell you that Kyle is planning on asking Tracy out." Luke said and I smiled. Luke tells me everything.

"That's great. They would make a really cute couple." I said.

"I also have a question for you." He said and I could hear the smile on his face.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?"

"You're just going to have to wait until tomorrow when I see you."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yep. Kyle is with me and said Tracy just asked to go skating tomorrow so tomorrow it is." Luke said.

"I don't want to wait until tomorrow ask me now." I said.

"You can wait until tomorrow." He laughed.

"I can but I don't want to so tell me now."

"But that would take the fun out of it."

"For all you know I could get kidnapped between now and the time I see you tomorrow so quit being a stubborn butt and ask me now." I whined 

"Catch ya later Dakota." Luke said and I could picture him smirking at my dying curiosity. He hung up the phone and I groaned. There was a knock on my front door and Tracy stepped through.

"Hey Dakota."

"Why do you even bother knocking?" I asked.

"I don't know. Force of habit." She said plopping down next to me on the couch.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" I asked turning to face her.

"Oh my god yes! Is it cool if I spend the night?"

"You know you don't have to ask. Mi casa es su casa." I gestured around us.

"Stop speaking Spanish! I don't know what you're saying." Tracy sighed.

"Can I speak Greek?"

"What? No! You can speak English."

"You're no fun." I said. A buzzing sound came from the top corner of the room.

"You need to get that fixed." Tracy said looking at the corner.

"There is nothing to fix. Nothing's there." I hopped up and walked into my room with Tracy following.

∞Next day∞

"Should I wear my quarter sleeve dress with leggings or shorts with your purple top?" Tracy asked holding up both outfits in turn.

"Dress." I said briefly looking up from my phone.

"That's what I was thinking. Who are you texting?" She leaned over my shoulder.