SIX

Jace's POV

Oh my...

Rose is barely recognizable as she walks gracefully down the stairs. Her blonde hair is straightened and hangs down to her waist. Her long and (surprisingly) tan legs contrast her white dress perfectly. Her dress is sleeveless with a sweetheart neck and it reaches to her mid-thigh, flaring out at the bottom. Her hazel eyes meet mine and I feel a spark in my abdomen, stirring my emotions around.

"Rose..." I say as she reaches the bottom of the stairs. A woman who looks just like her walks down the stairs behind her and smiles kindly at me. "You look absolutely beautiful." I mutter and she blushes bright red.

"Um, thanks." She says softly. "You- look good too." She adds and I smile at her.

"Pictures!" The woman next to Rose exclaims. Rose audibly groans and rolls her eyes, making me laugh. "Oh and I'm sorry! My name is Jane Volt. I'm Roses mother." I shake her hand and nod politely.

"And I'm Mystery. Roses father." The man says and I shake his hand also. What an odd name.

Jane directs Rose and I where she wants us and snaps her pictures. I drape my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me, and feel the same sparks that I felt before. Soon, me and my date are on our way.

I open the passenger door on my sleek black car and let her enter. We drive in silence most of the way to the restaurant. I have no idea what to say to her!

We reach the parking lot and I find a spot near the front door. We're seated in a lonely back corner of the fancy restaurant. I like how it is more quiet than the rest of the place.

While we wait for our menus, Rose finally speaks up. "So what is this place called?"

"It's called Gregorgios or Gregregories or something." I chuckle nervously. "It's Italian. So I hope you like noodles." I blush.

She laughs, making me smile. "I love Italian food."

"Good!" I say as the waitress turns up with our menus. "So what are you looking at getting?" I ask after we've had a moment to look through our options.

"I'm trying to decide between getting what I usually do at Italian restaurants, or getting something new." She hides her face behind the large menu.

"Go with new. Try something different tonight." I offer.

She looks at me and smiles. "Then the Carbonara meal it is then."

We take our orders when the waitress arrives with our drinks. I sip my coke and study Rose as she drinks her iced tea.

"So Rose, what is your favorite... band." I ask.

"Um, I have to many!" She complains.

"Top three then." I smile at her.

"Fall Out Boy is good. I also like Pierce the Veil, and Bring Me the Horizon." She nods. "But there's so many more..."

I laugh. "I love BMTH!" I exclaim. She looks at me weirdly and I realize what I just said. "My favorite songs by them are Can You Feel My Heart, and Sleepwalking." I add awkwardly.

She probably thinks I'm just making fun of her. Thats why I added the songs at the end. People like me, we're not supposed to listen to rock like that. I look down at my bubbling drink.

"I love those songs!" She exclaims and I look up to see a wide smile on her face. "I didn't think someone like you would be into that kind of stuff. What other bands do you like?"

--------------------

Rose's POV

We talk about bands and music for a good five minutes. Jace was actually pretty cool. He likes Black Veil Brides, My Chemical Romance, and Green Day. I never would've expected someone like him to like the music I like.

But it has only been five minutes.

"Oh!" Jace exclaims suddenly. "I nearly forgot!" He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a small box wrapped in baby blue paper. "I got you something."

I gasp as he holds the box out to me across the table. "But- the flower- you don't need to."

He smiles. "And what do you expect me to say to that, Rose? 'Okay, if you insist. I'll keep it from you and give it to some other beautiful girl.'" He mocks.

Well it wouldn't really surprise me...

Two words in his statement made my heart flutter however. When he said Rose and beautiful. I chuckle slightly. "No, I suppose not." I say softly and blush. I take the box from him and awkwardly start to unwrap the box.

I open the box to reveal a beautiful necklace of a pink rose. I gasp as I look at the small blossom.

"Do you like it?" Jace asks quietly.

I nod, not looking up from the gift. "Thank you, Jace." I see him stand up from his seat and walk over to me. He picks up the necklace and walks around my back. "This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." I say sadly as Jace moves my long hair off to one shoulder and clasps the necklace around my neck. I look at our reflection in the mirror on the wall to our left. The scene before me is so odd.

There he is, the hottest boy in the school looking down at the school bully victim with something in his eyes that isn't hate.

"Then we'll have to change that, won't we?" He says softly.

--------------------
Awe! What do you guys think?? Cute? Cheesy? Skeptical? Comment below and vote please! Stay updated for chapter seven! Thanks for all the support!