Snapping

I glared as father walked in with a neatly wrapped present in hand. My brothers were silent as dad smiled at us, AS IF HE WAS HAPPY TO BE HERE. I clenched my fists and set down all the presents I had received. 

"Why are you here?" I ask him with narrowed eyes. 

"Can't a father come celebrate his daughter's birthday?" He grinned. 

"You are no father to me." I spit at him as I stood defensively. 

"Kayla Sakamaki hold your tongue." He said with a cold expression. 

"Maybe I would, if you could hold yours and leave." By now the brothers had stepped back and were watching with blank expressions. 

"THAT IS ENOUGH YOUNG LADY! I AM NOT GOING TO TOLERATE YOUR DISRESPECT!" Father said as he slapped me. Everyone's eyes widened and a bit of blood trickled down my chin. I turned to him and my eyes were red. 

"You.will.never.be.my.father." I said spitting the blood on him. He glared as he disappeared. 

When he was gone, my brothers rushed to me. 

"Kayla, are you alright?" Ayato asked in a low tone.

"I'm fine, it's not the worst he's done...." I say looking down, my hair covering my eyes. 

They all frown and hug me. 

"We're sorry your birthday was ruined." Subaru sighed. 

"Yeah.....I am too." I say as I grab dad's present and walk away to my room. They try to follow me, but I shut and lock my door, making it clear to leave me alone. Some birthday this turned out to be.....

Out of curiosity, I opened the present.....what a mistake I made when I did.....

Third Person POV: 

     The brothers paced in the living room, hoping their little sister would come out soon. 

"Poor Kayla, she's probably heartbroken...." Subaru sighed.

"I think more than anything she's pissed at dad for ruining her birthday." Ayato sighed.

"He was quite rude. Makes me think of how our childhood was...." Reiji said with a frown. 

"Wasn't exactly picture perfect." Shu said in his usual sleepy voice. 

"We have to find a way to make it up to-" Laito started, but was cut off by a scream from Kayla's room. They all immediately rushed to her door and tried to open it. 

"KAYLA! OPEN THE DOOR!" They called to her, worried for what might have happened. They eventually had to bust through the door to get to her......empty room. The only thing left there.....was a music box playing a lullaby and a note. 

Boys, 

     I see that Kayla was far from ready to be out of my care. I will continue to raise her with me. If you try anything to retrieve her, you will be SEVERELY punished. Have a nice day.

KarlHeinz

The six just looked at each other with horrified expressions. They thought back to Kayla saying that him slapping her wasn't the worst he'd done.....

"We HAVE to help her!" Subaru growled.

"Yes, but......we'll need help." Ayato sighed. 

The five brothers looked at him in shock. AYATO was admitting he needed help?! 

But just like him, they knew he cared about Kayla. The one good thing they'd had and now he'd taken that too. Well they wouldn't sit there and take it this time. They WERE going to get Kayla back, they HAD to. 

Kayla's POV: 

     I looked around the prison I was being kept in with no windows, and only one door. There was a door-frame leading to the bathroom, but no door to keep locked. I sighed as dad continued listing off rules.

"No connection to anyone outside of this house, you can only go outside if I accompany you, nothing but what I give you will be eaten-" So on and so on.

     When he was done, he tossed me a book. I looked and it was on.....obedience. A DOG TRAINING BOOK?! HOW RUDE. I glared at him and threw it at his head. 

"JERK!" I shouted as it connected with his forehead. 

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!" He growled as he threw me into the wall, leaving a huge dent. 

I doubled over in pain and coughed up some blood. 

"Work on your manners, or I'll send you to the torture chambers again." He chuckled as he slammed the door. With nothing left to do, I just layed there and cried.

Third Person POV: 

     The six brothers knocked on the door with deep breaths to calm their nerves.

"Hel-......" Ruki started as he looked at them.  "Oh, it's YOU. What is it now." He asked slightly annoyed by their presence.

"Listen we......need your help." Laito sighed.

"YOU need OUR help?" Kou asked popping his head over Ruki's shoulder. 

"Yeah...." Ayato growled.

"What did you idiots do now?" Yuma grinned.

"Our dad took Kayla......" Subaru sighed.

"You mean the annoying little girl?" Ruki asked.

"I...kind of....liked her...." Azusa smiled. 

"She's your sister too you know." Reiji said in his usual tone. The four Mukami brothers looked at each other and sighed. 

"Fine, we'll help you. But only because she's a child, and doesn't deserve that kind of treatment from a parent....." Ruki said as they followed the Sakamaki's. Soon they'd face their biggest obstacle yet: Their horrible, disrespectful, disgraceful father.