Chapter 1

I wake up to the song I'll Be Good by James Young playing on the radio. I look at the time, and it's 9:24 a.m. Once again, I've missed the beginning of school. I get up out of bed and look in the mirror. I see the same old thing I always do. A boy. 6'2. Brownish hair. Blueish eyes. Muscular. I sigh and go to my dresser to find clothes to wear. I found my black jeans in my closet, but there are no shirts to be found in my room. I walk down to the living room to see Roman passed out on the couch, I guess he has to work tonight. I go to the laundry room and I see all of my shirts are in front of the washing machine, obviously dirty. They stink. Not caring if I wake Roman, I yell, "Mom! You really didn't wash any of the clothes?" I can feel myself getting really frustrated really quickly. I walk up to her room and she's not even in there. The note on her mirror says, "Went out. Be back whenever." No wonder why I was never woken up, she hasn't been here since last night. Angered, I rip up the note and walk back into my room slamming the door. I find my zip up jacket and throw it on. I brush my teeth and push my hands through my hair. Whatever. This will have to do. I get my skateboard and call the school. A secretary  picks up the phone on the second ring. "Locus high, how may I help you?" I automatically recognize the voice, it's Ms.Wyatt. "Uh, Ms.Wyatt... it's James. The usual please? Mother wasn't home.", I say hoping she'll understand. She sighs. "So Mrs.Grey you're saying James will be a bit late today? Okay. I'll make sure none of his teachers marked him absent so far.", she says in the nicest tone. "Thank you so much.", I say as I start skateboarding to school. "No problem Mrs.Grey. Hoping to see him soon.", she says and hangs up.

I smile. I think today's gonna be a good day.