Chapter 7

I wake once again to the bright lights. Roman's here and I make sure not to move so he doesn't notice I'm awake. Strange enough, my mother isn't here. Maybe she's in the waiting room or maybe she just doesn't care. Roman seems to be asleep in the chair next to me. I want to stretch but I don't want to move. I cough and Roman opens his eyes to look at me. I quickly close my eyes but it wasn't fast enough. "James?", Roman says and scoots closer to me. I smile and turn my head to look at him. "Hey..thanks for being here..I need water, please?", I say trying to sit up. "No no, don't move. I'll get you water.", Roman says frantically and moves to get water. I sigh and sink down into the bed. My head just hurts. "Roman..my head really hurts. Like it did before.", I say and I wince. Roman brings me my water and sits next to me again. "You really scared me last time man... I thought you were having a seizure and your eyes....", his sentence faded away as he sunk back into the seat. "My eyes? What happened Roman?", I ask starting to panic. "They just.. weren't your eyes. It's nothing. Don't worry about it.", Roman says with a smile. But I know it's something to worry about. Roman looks at the monitor by my head. "Dude. Calm yourself please? Your heart beat is a mile a minute. It's going too fast.", he says in a panic. "Tell me. What did you see? I'm scared Rom.", I say and I feel myself shake. Roman sighs. "Your eyes...changed. Your iris changed to red  and your sclera turned black. I panicked and didn't know what to do.. You got up and tried walking towards me and you fell and hit your head. You started to shake and then I came over to help you. You opened your eyes and then started trying to choke me.", Roman says as he points out his neck. There were purple and blue bruises on his neck. Those were from me... I felt myself start to tear up. "Rom.. I'm sorry.. I didn't know I did that.", I say as the tears fall. "How didn't you know? Do you not remember?", Roman says with a confused look on his face. "No.. All I remember is I fell and hit my head.", I say as Roman looks at me like I'm crazy.