Chapter 33: I'm a Squid!

=========================

AUTHOR'S NOTE

=========================

Okay, sorry if this chapter comes across as extremely bazaar but I really don't care. My book, my rules. I f**k the police and I f**k logic so I can write whatever I want.

=========================

“I just… I just need some time alone.” Azalea tells the Team.

“Okay,” Shadow responds, “How much time?”

“About… half an hour? I’m not sure how to time it here.”

“Just take as much time as you need. Even half an hour is cutting it a little short isn’t it?” Shadow says seeming to understand what Azalea was going through.

“Okay, you guys can go look for a Nether Fortress again in a different direction, while I stay here and… do my thing.”

Mitch nods, “Sounds good.”

“But only use one stack of torches this time.” Azalea adds.

“Whatever you say, boss.” Mitch says.

The Team go off in their same groups again, Azalea wanted to make a small change, but it was too late.

“Shadow!” Azalea shouts to her, “Shadow!”

She doesn’t answer and soon goes out of sight. So now Azalea is left with Jason.

“Oh… wow… this is embarrassing.” Azalea mumbles.

“What?” Jason asks.

“I wanted Shadow here, just in case. Oh well, it doesn’t matter.”

Azalea stands up slowly and wearily walks over to the portal frame; she sits down on the ground and leans on the frame.

“What are you doing?” Jason asks.

“Don’t ask. Just don’t talk to me until I tell you to, okay?” Azalea answers.

“Okay, I’ll shut up now.”

Azalea crosses her legs closes her eyes. She starts to regulate her breathing and enters a meditative state.

“Aza?” Jason calls to her.

“What?” Azalea replies, but she doesn’t move a muscle, not even her lips.

“Woah! How are you doing that?” Jason asks.

“Doing what?” Azalea asks.

“Speaking in my head.” Jason answers.

“Oh sugar, honey, ice, tea. I didn’t realise I was doing that.”

Jason chuckles nervously, “This is actually really creepy.”

“Want to join me?” Azalea asks.

“What do you mean?” Jason questions.

“So you don’t have to look like you’re talking to yourself.” Azalea answers.

“Oh right, yeah, sure.”

“Come sit next to me… well… my physical self.”

“Okay.” Jason goes to sit on the other side of the portal, “Now what?”

“Close those beautiful eyes of yours.” Azalea whispers in Jason’s head.

Jason closes his eyes and sees darkness, “Umm… Azalea?” he whispers.