Chapter 19: Mods

“I made some sandwiches.” Azalea walks into Adam’s room carrying two plates with sandwiches.

“Thanks.” Adam replies continuing to stare at his monitor.

Azalea sets down the plate next to him, “So what you doing?” she asks.

“I’m gonna record a video.”

“Oh okay, would you like me to… stay away?”

“No, you can stay. We could record together if you want.” Adam tells Azalea.

“Really?” Azalea says excitedly, “Okay!”

                                                                  ***

“Hey guys, Sky here…” Adam starts off with a dry throat, so immediately starts coughing.

“Ha-ha, are you alright?” Azalea asks.

“Yeah,” He coughs, “I’m fine.” He carries on, “Hey guys, Sky here and today… we are playing… draw that block on my server skga.me!”

“skga.me” Azalea repeats.

“Thanks, this is Aza…”

“Hi.” Azalea introduces herself.

“Woah, the game’s starting.”

“3… 2… 1… go!” Azalea’s avatar is teleported to the centre of the arena, “Oh, I’m going first. What have I got…? Umm…” Azalea starts getting out chiselled nether quartz.

“Okay guys so if you don’t know what draw that block is, it’s basically a game where one person goes to the middle and they are given a word, they have to build that word and the other people around the sides have to guess the word.” Adam explains.

“I have no idea what I’m doing.” Azalea says trying to build her creation.

“What the hell is that? Is that err… err…”

“Well, I’m not telling you!”

“It’s err… a dog!”

“Nope.”

“A fluffy… thing.” Adam guesses.

“Not even close.”

“Aww, come on!”

“I’m placing down sponge, where does sponge come from?” Azalea tries to give him a clue.

“Erm… I don’t know.”

“Oh my God, you can’t place water buckets? That’s cr*p. Umm… I don’t know how to do this.”

“What the hell is that?” Adam yells.

“I give up, I’m just gonna build some golems.” Azalea gets out iron blocks and pumpkins and proceeds to build iron golems around the arena.

“What are you doing? That’s not a clue!”

“I know, but I like golems.” Azalea confesses.

There are soon about 7 iron golems wondering aimlessly around the arena, there’s only 10 seconds left.

“My God, just tell me, Aza!”

“Okay, it’s a seashell.”

“YES! YES! I did it! I totally didn’t have any help from Aza!”

“No, not at all.”

The round ends and Adam’s avatar gets teleported to the middle.

“Oh yay, it’s me!” Adam cries, “Erm… erm… what have I got? I got… grandma!” Adam suddenly realises he said the word aloud, “God, DAMMIT!”

Azalea bursts out laughing, “Thanks, Sky!”

“No! You can’t be serious!”

“Too late now, I got 3 points for that.”

Adam looks at the score board, “No… why are you winning?” he jokes.

“I’m just boss like that. I’m so good at this game!”

Adam attempts to build a grandma; Azalea manages to ‘block glitch’ and joins Adam in the arena.

“What? What are you doing?” Adam exclaims.

“What is this?” Azalea asks putting on an accent to imitate the voice of Bashurverse.

“It’s err… it’s a grandma of course!”

“Really?”

“Err… yes!” Adam says in a bitchy tone.

“Wow.” Azalea replies, trying to act impressed.

“What you don’t like it?” He asks.

Like it? Of course I don’t like it! So this is how you show your affection for everyone? You just build them a grandma and hope they like it.”

“Yeah! What’s not to like about a grandma? I would be happy to receive this gift any day!” Adam confesses.

“Wow, really?”

“Yeah! Who wouldn’t?”

“Oh I don’t know… maybe… everyone?” Azalea jokes.

“I beg to differ…”

“Okay can we, like, stop this now? This is just getting really weird.” Azalea asks.

“Yep, let’s move on.” Adam yawns, “My God! I am so tired right now!”

“Me too… I think I’m gonna have to take a nap after this.” Azalea agrees.

“I’m not even kidding; I could literally close my eyes right now.” He yawns again.

“OMG stop yawning, it’s gonna spread!” Azalea yawns, “You’ve got me at it now.”

“I’m really sorry, I can’t even help it; I was feeling fine a minute ago.”

“I know, right?”

They carry on recording until the game ends, “So that was ‘draw that block’ on my server skga.me” Adam announces.

“skega meh!” Azalea shouts.

“Check out the game and all the other stuff on my server, check out Aza’s channel in the description below.” He exaggerates ‘below’ to make his voice really low in pitch, “Don’t forget to leave a like, and I will see you later, recruits!”

“Byeee!”

Adam stops recording and pauses his game, “I’m so tired.”

Azalea looks at the lowering sun in the sky then glances at the clock, “It’s only eight.”

“I know, but still…” He opens up his editing software. Azalea leaves the server to go on single player. Out of curiosity she scrolls down all the single player worlds she created, some were for mod showcases, other were survival let’s plays but one of them was different. Azalea stopped at the world at the very bottom, it read ‘Team Crafted Mod’.

Azalea gasps, suddenly realising something. Adam notices, “What?” he asks.

“I just realised something… you know the gifts from Seto?”

“Yeah…” Adam replies slowly.

“They’re not crystals, they’re ingots.” Azalea explains.

“What?”

Azalea stares at the setting sun, “I’ll explain in a minute, but first we have to get ready…”

Adam stares out the window too, “Wait, what?”

“Come on.”