Prolouge

One and a half years later...

Charlie's P.O.V.

Yes, I still love Scotty, and no, I'm not completely over him. I've just gotten used to the fact that he isn't here anymore. Yeah, I sometimes think back on what happened during the two weeks we spent together. Sometimes the memories make me smile, and sometimes they make me cry. At first, we talked all the time. We'd text or call each other whenever we could. But after the first few months, things started to change. We started talking less and less, and now we don't talk at all. I wonder sometimes if he still thinks about me, and part of me wants to believe he does.

The only people that were really there for me and acted like they cared how I felt were JC, Carol, Stephanie, and Ricky. If I was at home and was upset, JC or Carol would comfort me. Stephanie would keep my mind occupied during school. While we were hanging out, Steph and Ricky were the ones who talked to me about how I felt and how I was doing.

Stephanie told me I needed to talk to other guys and that would help get my mind off things. I eventually gave in. I talked to a few guys, but none were ever quite good enough in comparison to Scott. About a year after graduation, I started hanging out with Ricky more. I realized that he'd been there for me the whole time and that he made me smile when I was down. After about a month, we decided to get back together. We ended it after about two months. I told him I didn't feel like he needed someone who was in love with someone else. I dated a couple other guys, soon ended it with them for the same reason.

JC decided we were going to go to my grandma's for Christmas. She lives in Garner, NC. I'm kind of excited, because I haven't seen her in a while. My whole family from my dad's side is going to be at her house. It's really not that many people. My aunt Sophie and her three kids, my aunt Stacey, her husband and their two girls, and JC, Carol, and I. Oh, and Ricky is coming with us. He's going to start North Carolina State University in the spring, so we thought it'd be good to let him come with us and get used to the city. Him and I had gotten closer again and decided that we still care about each other. So, we're together. Again...

Scotty's P.O.V.

It's been a while since I talked to Charlie. To be honest, I miss her like crazy. I don't think I've completely gotten over her. There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about her. For some reason we just stopped talking. Sometimes I want to text her, but I stop myself, because I don't know if she is with another guy or not. I just hope she hasn't forgotten about me.

I've tried dating other people to get over everything. Just to try to get that feeling I had with her that summer... I won't lie, I went out with several girls. Some lasted a couple weeks, others a couple days. I got back with Gabi, but that ended. She left, because she was mad that I wasn't over Charlie. She said I've had plenty of time to get over those two weeks. She's right. Most guys would've been over it after a week or so, not me. There was just something about her...

Sorry this chapter is so short. New one coming soon! This is where the story changes a lot! Read carefully!