Chapter 4

Photo is of Charlie's party outfit. Going for the 'sexy, make everyone want me' look. I love this outfit!

Charlie's P.O.V.

~3 days later~

I've stayed at my grandparents house that past few nights to try to allow Ricky to get settled into his new home. They were having a college Christmas party tonight. I was confused as to who has a party on Wednesday, but I guess college guys don't care. I packed a bag of warm clothes and went to see Ricky.

"Welcome to our humble abode!" Colin opened the door, acting goofy as usual.

Ricky got off the couch and walked to me. He wrapped me in a hug, then kissed my lips. "He's in a good mood this afternoon." He smiled before taking my bag to his room. I followed him in and he shut the door behind me. 

He put his hands my waist and pulled me into a kiss. "I've missed you so much." He spoke after pulling away momentarily, but pressed his lips against my own again. One of his hands reached up to the back of my head, while the other snaked its way around my body, pulling me closer. Ricky deepened the kiss, intertwining our tongues.

A few moments passed and I pulled away. I couldn't kiss him like that. Not here. It felt dirty. Not the good, sexy secret dirty. This was the bad, this is wrong type.

"Are you ok?" He asked with his brow raised.

I had to come up with an excuse quickly so I didn't worry him. "I just need to use the bathroom really bad."

"Oh, right next door."

I walked out of the room, Ricky right behind me, as Scotty walked in. I could still see the pain in his eyes from the last time we spoke. Could this party come any sooner? I need a drink to ease my nerves. After using the bathroom, I did have to pee a little, I went to the kitchen to find Colin.

"Could I make a drink request for tonight?"

He turned to me. "Uh, sure. What do you want?" He looked kind of shocked that I wanted to drink.

"Just something girly. Smirnoff, Mikes Hard Lemonade, or something like that."

He raised his brows. "Ok. Sure. I didn't see you as much of a drinker."

I shook my head. "I'm not. I'm just feeling a bit stressed and want to ease my nerves a bit. I'll probably only drink one, if that." He smiled before nodding his head. "Thanks, Colin."

~The Party~

With the music blaring too loud, I walked outside onto the back deck. Alone at last. I leaned against the deck railing and stared at the sky above. Stars twinkling without a care in the world. I wished I could be the same. I took another sip of my hard lemonade. It wasn't doing the job as well as I'd hoped. This was the forth I'd had for the night and I'm just starting to feel relief from the stress and anxiety I'd felt since my first conversation with Scott.

What was I supposed to do with him? Was I supposed to leave Ricky? One of the only people that helped me stay sane throughout the past year. I couldn't just walk away from him, not again. I should just put all of myself into the relationship I'm in and completely forget about my feelings for Scotty.