#BlackIsBeautiful

Black IS Beautiful
And don't let anyone tell you that black is ugly because that is not correct at all . I don't understand why society make us black girls feel unwanted and ugly for our skin color. I remember when I was a child I felt ugly because I was black and unfortunately I wished for myself to be white, which is incredibly dumb of me to think. As I grew I learned to understand I was beautiful even if I was black and being black should be song I'm proud of. It's really sad how we are not empowered enough as black girls as much as lighter skins are. Even the black boys prefer white girls over their black girls,Which is incredibly messed up.

I remember being on the bus from school a few weeks ago and this black boy that I know says "I would never date a black girl." Girl you have no idea what was going on in my mind at that point I was just mad and disappointed. As black girls we are recognized as ghetto, not proper, uptight, always mad at something, and always wanting to argue by other people which is not true. We are more than that for sure.

It's sad how white girls get praised more than black girls when they want the features that we have (not saying all black girls have black features, it's just a stereotype.) they want our lips, our butt, our boobs, and they go far enough to do plastic surgery and even darkening their skin.

I know this isn't a regular chapter but I felt that this was important to tell everyone that reads this book because we still live in a society that tells us that we are unwanted and ugly. Black is beautiful and you should feel proud to be black. I know I'm proud to be black 👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾