Chapter 10: Moving On

I was in the studio a few days after my promo tour ended, taking what I consider a break before I had to start rehearsals and prep for my tour. Today though I couldn't get the feeling I've had for the past few months out of my head. So I scribbled down some lyrics pertaining to my mood. It wasn't finished but I just wanted to get it out. So, I was in the booth, singing over a constant beat until I was able to sing the lyrics how I wanted to.

I'm jealous of the rain
That falls upon your skin
It's closer than my hands have been
I'm jealous of the rain

I wished you the best of
All this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me
All you found was heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say,
I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me

I wished you the best of all this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me
All you found was heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say,
I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me

It's hard for me to say,
I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me

I clenched my jaw as the song played out, starting a few seconds later again, my eyes still shut as I tried to bring myself back from the emotions I felt during the song.

"You want to run it back?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up to see L.A. standing in front of the speaker for the studio. My lip twitched up quickly but I ultimately shook my head. He nodded letting go off the button for the speaker as I took the headphones off and made my way towards him.

"What's up?"

I said as I hugged the older man. He shook his head after I stepped back, answering while I went back to the soundboard.

"That song... it was good. Like really good. I never heard so much emotion in your voice. At least not since you and Dinah's little split. Vulnerable Y/N has alot of talent."

I scoffed a little, it turning into a chuckle as I shook my head.

"It sucks what has to happen for her to come through."

I said, editing the audio I just recorded and cleaning up some parts and only keeping the takes I wanted. I looked back at L.A. as I did, speaking as I finished my work.

"So, what brings you here? Mr. CEO doesn't just hang around recording studios."

He laughed, nodding his head.

"Yeah, true. I did come in here because I heard you through the door. But now I guess I can kill two birds with one stone."

I sighed, knowing he was talking about Dinah. All during my promo tour, Dinah and I spent almost all our free time together. And of that time 90 percent of it was spent with us vibing off each other and writing a bunch of songs. A few were co-written individual songs, but most of them were joint ones.

"I got her to start writing music again. But she won't be honest with me about being in the studio."

He sighed, shaking his head like it wasn't good enough making me add on.

"She's been complaining about being back on the road though. She misses singing and touring and seeing fans. She's so close. She just needs, just, a little more time."

"There isn't more time. The papers are being processed right now."

I groaned lowly, rubbing my hands harshly up and down my face. What was annoying me more was that I was developing a small headache because of this random array of sounds I kept hearing in my head. I furrowed my eyebrows right after though, looking back to him.