Prologue

"Hey. Hold on a second."

Dinah said making me nod. I was facetiming her for the umpteenth time since we met almost two months ago. After we had kissed on the plane, we didn't mention it again. But it didn't stop me from flirting with her every chance I got. It also didn't stop Camila from constantly teasing us since she was the only other person who knew about it still. When Dinah came back on the screen I smiled at her and waved a little.

"Hey boo. How are you?"

"Well since you called me 12 hours ago? Pretty much the same."

"Okay no need to be rude. You could've had a change of emotion in that time period."

She just shook her head, rolling her eyes at me.

"Whatever Y/N. Why'd you call me?"

I sighed a little, moving from sitting on the couch I was on to laying on it.

"I missed your voice. I haven't been able to hear you talk for forever since I watched the last two or three episodes of X-Factor. I'm still mad you guys didn't win."

She shrugged, moving her phone so it was leaning against something on her bed. When she panned the camera out I saw her youngest sister asleep in front of her.

"We still signed to the label though. So the only thing we really lost was the five million."

"Touché, but still. So..... when am I going to see you again?"

"You ask me that every time and I always give you the same answer. Which is I don't know since you live on the other side of the country."

I groaned and pouted a little as she laughed at me.

"So what? Can't you fly over here or something?"

"With what money? We're still broke in this family."

"I don't know. Take out a loan or something."

She laughed again but quietly so she didn't wake Regina.

"I'm not going in debt just to see you."

I faked in pain as I put one of my hands over my heart.

"Ouch. You're killing me babe."

"Aren't you writing some songs for a movie? You didn't get an advance or something?"

"No. And I actually wrote the whole soundtrack. You got to watch it and tell me what you think. You inspired some of them."

She raised her eyebrows at me as she lifted her head so it was leaning against her hand.

"Oh did I? And which ones were that?"

"Two of them actually. Don't Run Away and You Belong To Me."

"Oh I belong to you huh?"

I smiled, shrugging a little as I turned over so I was laying on my stomach.

"I mean you said it, not me."

"Yeah, okay."

She said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. I laughed at her as she looked down to her youngest sibling.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to bring her to her room so I don't wake her up."

I nodded as I watched her stand up then pick up the smaller child, kissing her on her head as she cooed her so she wouldn't fully wake up from moving. I smiled at the interaction before she disappeared from the camera view.